The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Tuner problem

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> The Adamas GuitarMessage format

marcwel0
Posted 2013-12-24 6:45 AM (#480782)
Subject: Tuner problem

I own a 1999 W597. Up until recently all of the electrics worked fine but for some reason the in-built tuner stopped working although all of the other controls work. It's not a major problem as I use a clip-on tuner but I would still like to get it working again. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is it a regular problem or just a one-off. I may have to take it to a dealer but they are a long way from me so was hoping I could fix it myself.

One other question. I always assumed that if the guitar is not plugged into an amp then the 9volt battery is not being used at all. My battery ran completely flat despite hardly being plugeed into am amp.

Many thanks

Marc
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2013-12-24 9:18 AM (#480786 - in reply to #480782)
Subject: Re: Tuner problem

The battery issue could be a bent output jack. I am not familiar with your specific preamp model, but, some use a contact on the output jack to connect the battery when you plug in. If you normally could not use the tuner function without plugging a cord in, you probably have this kind of a setup. If that is the case, you may be able to gently bed a metal tab in the output jack back into place.

We have a couple of newer guitars here with that setup, such as my Adamas 2080. If a cord isn't plugged in, the tuner won't turn on.

Most of our guitars though don't require anything plugged in to activate the electronics.
MWoody
Posted 2013-12-24 4:00 PM (#480799 - in reply to #480782)

"gently bend" the metal tab...

Yes, what preamp do you have?
Mark in Boise
Posted 2013-12-27 7:18 PM (#480869 - in reply to #480782)

I had a 99 Collector with an Optima preamp. It would drain the battery just hanging on the wall.
Jimmer
Posted 2014-01-27 7:03 PM (#481607 - in reply to #480782)
Subject: RE: Tuner problem

I've got a W597 too. Probably already tried changing your battery cause it sounds like the preamp works but the tuner is dead.

Might try calling Ovation. They might have an idea or you might be able to get have them send a part across the pond.

I just routinely change my battery once a year since they always seem to run down. I figure it's like my smoke detector.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)