The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Advice on the Elite LX 1778

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

wirewalker
Posted 2011-02-12 6:59 PM (#2087)
Subject: Advice on the Elite LX 1778

I am considering buying my first Ovation 6 String Acoustic and the guitar I have in mind is a Elite LX 1778. However, having played guitar for nearly 50 years and presently owning some truly worderful 'wooden boxes' as your members seem to refer to them I wonder if I can get any form of sensuble unbiased advice?

Let's see!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2011-02-12 8:00 PM (#2088 - in reply to #2087)
Subject: Re: Advice on the Elite LX 1778

posted by wirewalker:
I wonder if I can get any form of sensuble unbiased advice?
Uh, this is the Ovation FAN Club...

But as an Elite owner (but not a 1778LX) I would say "Give it a Try".
wilblee
Posted 2011-02-13 7:15 AM (#2089 - in reply to #2087)

The 1778LX was the model that sealed the deal for me with Ovation. I had about decided that Ovation guitars just weren't for me. I had gone to my local GC to start my search for a new acoustic that would fit what I was looking for. I played Taylors (uh, no), Martins (now this was sound I could live with, but the price on the models I liked - whew), Gibsons (see Martins), plus several other more economically priced lines. That's when I noticed a 1778LX hanging on the wall. I liked the looks of the inlaid epaulets and took it down for a closer look and, of course, gave it a strum. The string to string balance was very good, the sound full, with excellent volume. When I plugged it in I was very impressed with the OP-Pro preamp.

So, the guitar I bought to get away from Ovation was - an Ovation. I highly recommend the 1778LX.
alan stevens
Posted 2011-03-05 8:53 AM (#2090 - in reply to #2087)

Just bought a 1778 this morning as a backup guitar to my Adamas which is a tremendous guitar I have owned for ten years,I would say the Elite 1778 comes somewhere near considering £2000 difference.
Far better than some others in the same price range.
Go for it!
Alan.
Damon67
Posted 2011-03-05 5:16 PM (#2091 - in reply to #2087)

The 1778lx was my first ovation acoustic. I had gone to the local music store to buy my first ae (I've always played electric). I was planning on a low end Taylor, or possibly an artist series seagull. The guy handed me the 1778lx, and I was hooked. I thought it had more warmth and tonal clarity than the others I had been looking at in the price range, plus it played WAY better! I just recently sold it as I replaced it with a custom elite, but it still remains one of my favorite models
PEZ
Posted 2011-03-25 7:11 PM (#2092 - in reply to #2087)

I luv my 1778 lx
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)