The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT... update on Char Thanks for the prayers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2008-01-21 11:40 PM (#59274)
Subject: OT... update on Char Thanks for the prayers

Thanks for the kind thoughts.. and prayers.

somethings working..

after another major fiasco in the ER over the past couple days... and outright lies, and subterfuge from hospital administration.

I spent my day today chewing out the VP of the Hospital, and the Finance Director. seems they didn't appreciate me sending the director's phone # to all of our e-mail lists... e-zines, online forums, our non-profits and our .com subscribers...

Char got 90 e-cards today... the administration got over 50 phone calls today from all over the county asking when they're gonna give Char the surgery they promised to repair and help her recover from their errors and failure to inform or prescribe medications when they gave her a heart attack during a stress test... and then failed to tell her, or issue the heart meds or prescriptions which were ordered... had they done that in January... she wouldn't have had 4 more attacks.. the last on Mother's day.

only sent it out to 10,000 Brevard county residents yesterday... just sent it to another 38,000 nationwide tonight...

also one of our members writes a column for the USA today and FL today here locally.... and he's been calling around asking questions..

I think we have their full attention now... and if not... I have another 450,000 e-mails from our lists and companies worldwide that I can send them to in our zines..

we also mentioned the Attorney word to them today, and the fact that we are friends and ex co-workers with our State Representative Mitch Needleman and his wife. Char worked as a dispatcher for the PD with the misses, and Mitch used to be a fish and wildlife officer..

it's amazing how accommodating they are now.. as soon as that Hallway meeting was OVER...

Her Surgeon showed up , her Cardiologist showed up, they did an echocardiogram on the heart, and an echo on the carotid, they've scheduled another stress test for tomorrow, according to her cardio her heart function is up to 45% of normal, as opposed to only 25% in May, she's been moved back over to the Heart Center, and are talking about going with stents as well as the implant... maybe this week if all the tests come back ok.. and also, the cardiac surgeon says that the icd/defibrillator implant may not be needed if they can get her heart function back to 50% or better with medication.

BTW... the cardio was the one that ordered the meds at the last stress test...and asked us why she hadn't been taking them, actually chewed her out when she was back with another attack and is our witness against the hospital's error and cover up, and "anomaly" that happened at the last test... which was a clot in the right atrium... that the tech said was nothing....after screaming oh shat! stop to her, on the treadmill... before cutting her loose and sending her home.

anyway,,, Thanks for the prayers, songs, and good thoughts.

Glenn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fuzzyman
Posted 2008-01-22 4:18 PM (#59275 - in reply to #59274)
Subject: Re: OT... update on Char Thanks for the prayers

I'ts a damn shame it had to come to this,......all my best to Char.
cliff
Posted 2008-01-22 4:22 PM (#59276 - in reply to #59274)

I hope it all works out for the Best.

What's your Insurance Co's position on all this been??
Thanksforallthefish
Posted 2008-01-22 6:19 PM (#59277 - in reply to #59274)

Thanks,

I've basically told them I'll post the whole medical record online... with an attached blog and timeline... including all correspondence with the Administration and the Doctors involved... and then send links to all of our subscribers.. it takes our publisher almost 24 hours to cue and process the whole list... if we publish to the entire 484,000 and my bandwidth goes through the roof... but I'll shoot it out once if I have to.

we generally rotate the subscribers through 40k at a time, then weed out the dead subs or non-opens after 90 days.

She's on catastrophic illness disability/ssi as she is un-insurable... for love or money.

she has diabetes, fibro, PKD, spinal fusion, RA, neck fractures, and will soon have to be on dialysis as her kidney function is down to about 25%

her medicaid coverage since being placed on ssi has been changed 3 times up till now...first was on straight medicaid, then was changed to a providor without our choice, then to another to provide local care, each time forcing her to change all physicians, and sometimes pulling even the hospital out of the loop., and then us having to self-pay in the shuffle, sometimes with her medications running over 3,000 per month, not counting sometimes 3 per week blood tests and other procedures.

Glenn
Lightfoot
Posted 2008-01-22 8:23 PM (#59278 - in reply to #59274)

TMI
sj022698
Posted 2008-01-23 1:50 PM (#59279 - in reply to #59274)

Glenn. I know I don't know you but my thoughts are with you. I hope for the best!
PEZ
Posted 2008-01-23 2:19 PM (#59280 - in reply to #59274)

your in my prayers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)