The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
08 Collector doing Seminary Gig

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

elginacres
Posted 2008-01-08 8:29 PM (#63032 - in reply to #63007)
Subject: Re: 08 Collector doing Seminary Gig

OK 1st time I heard John the Baptizer - was written by Clarence Jordan in "The Cottonpatch Gospels" then made into a musical by Harry Chapin. Good tunes MusicMike...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MusicMishka
Posted 2008-01-08 9:57 PM (#63033 - in reply to #63007)

"The Cottonpatch Gospels"
This is by far one of the best productions I have seen...I highly recomend it...look on amazon for one of the vhs tapes at a great price or one of the newer dvd's...great stuff!
MusicMishka
Posted 2008-01-08 10:16 PM (#63034 - in reply to #63007)

It was a perfectly innocent question. Is the baptist known as the Baptizer over there?
Hey Schroeder, whats happening? Sorry I failed to go back far enough in the thread to see your question...Yes, you are correct: he is generally known as John the Baptist...Baptizer is just another reference and Wabbit is also correct in that respect: it is what he did (and I know you knew that) and it is also what he was referred to in "The Cottonpatch Gospels": a highly entertaining parody of the Gospel story and the subsequent song of the same name is a classic as redone by Harry Chapin...
My class is from 9-5 and ends Friday: I wish you could see the digital setup the seminary invested in for this class and the digital media class: brand new Apple iMax 24" and integrated w/24 Macbooks in a custom power cabinet and digital projector; sound system, printer, etc. Awesome!
I closed the day with a rendition of Skip Ewing's "He's Just a Kid". Everyone is having a great time asking about the Adamas 08C...since I'm playing acoustic only, it is nice to hear from the rest of the class (45 persons) that it carries the room very nicely! Had the added audience of the National Association of Seminary Presidents who are meeting on campus this week and visited the class today! BTW, weary is for the papers I have to write by the end of the month. Just part of the fun. May is coming I just tell myself!
;) :D
MusicMishka
Posted 2008-01-13 1:27 PM (#63035 - in reply to #63007)

Ok, I'm back home after an intense and very interesting week...the 08C was a big hit and drew a lot of attention from the students and faculty alike...I restrung it on Wednesday night: still had the original Adamas set from the factory...I had removed one shim several weeks ago (made the action just the way I like it) but I didn't change the strings at the time. This time I put on a set of Elixir Nano 80/20 Bronze custom Lt's. (12-52): WOW! What a difference...amazing tone difference (and I have not been that fond of Elixir's on Adamas guitars): really a nice sounding set. (your mileage may vary)
On Friday Morning I performed "Gethsemane" from Jesus Christ Superstar (originally sung by Ian Gillan of Deep Purple)...I received a standing ovation (unexpected and not to be confused with a certain OFC member ;) ) and many requests for CD's (I am working on a new CD: primarily of my own songs but perhaps a cover or two: Christian oriented). So, a good week but very nice to get back home: now to get those papers written...
Thanks to the Company for such a great guitar!
Mark in Boise
Posted 2008-01-13 1:51 PM (#63036 - in reply to #63007)

Thanks for spreading the word, Mike. (The Ovation word, I mean. I don't want to get into religion, here, although it is Sunday and why aren't you in church?) I look forward to hearing you play someday.
Why don't you let us know what CDs you have already done and where we might find them?
MusicMishka
Posted 2008-01-13 4:13 PM (#63037 - in reply to #63007)

Mark, I arranged for a lay speaker before I went to N.C. for the week...I go Wed. for the 2nd treatment on my neck; its acting up again so we had arranged for me to have the day off: although I am sitting here doing year end reports for both churches...go figure...
my first CD "Cast Your Net" was recorded in 1991-2 and released on an Ind. Local label...sold well but I never had any large quantity of copies made...I went into the Ministry in '93 and left it all sit for nearly 9 years...I had 300 copies made in 2001 and sold all of them in a few months...I have been busy raising a family and writing new songs...I haven't had copies made of the 1st CD since although I have been thinking about doing just that...the new CD will get a lot of work after June...I have given some thought into putting it on the web...it also may have to wait until June...
Beggin
Posted 2008-01-13 4:35 PM (#63038 - in reply to #63007)

Put me down for one Mike! Bet "3 going on 23" will be on it. :cool:
Beal
Posted 2008-01-13 4:37 PM (#63039 - in reply to #63007)

I thought his name was John the Budweiser?
stephent28
Posted 2008-01-13 4:55 PM (#63040 - in reply to #63007)

I'll drink to that!
MusicMishka
Posted 2008-01-13 5:24 PM (#63041 - in reply to #63007)

nope, but accordingly he ate "wild honey and grasshoppers (locusts for the purests)"...and probably drank water instead of the traditional drink: "oinos": litterly new grape juice or new wine...much later, the name Budwiser, used since 1878 in the US, derived from the Bohemian city called Budweis (in German language) when part of Austria-Hungary until 1919, and České Budějovice since (first part of Czechoslovakia, then Czech Republic). In 1895, a brewery had been founded there, nowadays called Budějovický Budvar. FYI.
Everybody knows that Germans make the best beer anyway, lol! Your milage may vary...
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2008-01-13 5:42 PM (#63042 - in reply to #63007)

Everybody knows that Germans make the best beer anyway, lol! Your milage may vary...

--------------------

I had the dishonor of being with a French dude when he bought us some American Lowenbrau, tasted it, and spit it out!
I had to show him on the label where it said "brewed in America by Miller Brewing Company"

Quite embarrassing... For me, and my whole Nation!
He went and bought us some St. Pauli Girl instead...
[he read the label to make sure it wasn't made here]
FlicKreno aka Solid Top
Posted 2008-01-13 6:18 PM (#63043 - in reply to #63007)

-------------------------------------------------

Mike I know that U meant " HEINEKEN "....

Great Info. on the Budweiser.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)