The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT gordon ramsay

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

alpep
Posted 2007-12-31 9:33 AM (#64434)
Subject: OT gordon ramsay

OK I am hooked on the BBC america channel and just discovered ramsay's kitchen nightmares. very interesting show.

Any of our UK members ever eat in his restaurant? is it all that it is made out to be or is he just a tall potty mouthed arrogant bastard????

btw kim and aggie are a close second on my list since we no longer get ground force. I am blown away at how they can find so many filthy homes to clean up and not just messy but downright filthy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeff W.
Posted 2007-12-31 9:47 AM (#64435 - in reply to #64434)
Subject: Re: OT gordon ramsay

Al, check-out 'Ken vs Spencer'
cliff
Posted 2007-12-31 9:56 AM (#64436 - in reply to #64434)

I think the reason that Americans(myself included) suffer from so much Hypertension results from so many "grains of salt" that have to be taken with so-called "Reality" Television.

Being a bit of a "Foodie", I was somewhat enthralled with the program myself. After a few episodes, it just seemed WAY too "co-incidental" that all of these establishements had the same formulaic problems/remedies/successes, and all of the "problematic" proprietors just seemed WAY too similar for me to swallow it (pun intended).

Still . . .

. . an arrogant, foul-mouthed Brit publically berating clueless Americans??? . . . that's right "up my alley"!!! . . . the fact that it takes place in a kitchen is just icing on the cake ('nother pun) . . .

. . only reason I stopped watching it was that I found the insipid NetworkTV "bleeps" even more annoying than Ramsay.
schroeder
Posted 2007-12-31 10:21 AM (#64437 - in reply to #64434)

The cheapest you can eat in his top restaurant (and he won't be cooking) is in excess of $200 a head without a drink.
Even I, who normally knows no moderation in restaurant bills, can bring myself to spend that much.

And he is a foul-mouthed bully with the intellect of a slug but he can cook like few other people on the planet can cook. C'est la vie.
alpep
Posted 2007-12-31 11:19 AM (#64438 - in reply to #64434)

cliff
I think you are thinking of the US show. I never saw that one. I just watch the one of BBC america.
IMHO I think it would be pretty easy to find a bunch of failing restaurants resting on their past laurels.

and after all.... it is TV the reality in reality tv basically means they don't pay actors and keep more of the profits. a price of even 1 million would be small in comparison to what they would have to pay a staff or writers actors etc.

why do you think the discovery channel builds shops for orange county chopper and miami and la ink. they build a shop stuff it with cameras, have their own control room in it for editing and mixing and have a skeleton crew follow people around for the outside shots. discovery makes a ton of money, the businesses get a few place or a cheap place to run their business, remember it is all tax deductable and when the tattoo craze and chopper craze die out discovery can walk away from the place without it oweing them a dime.

how about a reality show about a lunatic guy that sells gear for a living?????
I need a new kitchen and bathroom and the back walkway and patio never got finished.......
G8r
Posted 2007-12-31 12:50 PM (#64439 - in reply to #64434)

Al - maybe you can teach Gordon Ramsay how to play guitar, and he can teach you how to cook (and have Cliff drop by for the hell of it). Now THAT would be a 'Reality' show I'd watch! BTW, 'Kitchen Nightmares' is one of the very few TV shows I'll make a point of watching.
alpep
Posted 2007-12-31 1:12 PM (#64440 - in reply to #64434)

believe it or not, I am not a bad cook myself.

last week I made linguini with crab meat, shrimp, scallops, and clams. everyone that had some said they liked it. In fact the sauce turned out more like a gumbo than a tomato sauce.

next on the list is lasagna. It is my friends' mom's recipe. ground beef, sausage, pepperoni and hard boiled eggs. I'll let you know how that one turns out. I never made lasagna before...
G8r
Posted 2007-12-31 1:40 PM (#64441 - in reply to #64434)

Best of luck with the lasagna, it sounds good. So does the linguine. I believe you can cook - most folks with a creative leaning (musicians and other artists, etc.) are usually pretty good cooks if they've ever given themselves the chance. I'm a biomedical researcher, and most of the people I really respect as scientists are also excellent cooks. It's that whole experimentation thing. And really, a recipe is no different than a standard protocol we follow in an experiment. One of the first things I ask potential grad students who want to work in the lab is if they like to cook. If they say no, I know they won't be worth s#!t on a lab bench.
guitarwannabee
Posted 2007-12-31 8:09 PM (#64442 - in reply to #64434)

Kitchen Nightmares ( USA ) will be in the Detroit area for the next few months filming another new series of shows.
A couple of our local resturaunts have been contacted and are in the running.One of the ones that I kmow of are in the running and in talking to the staff,they had to fill out huge applications about themselves and their thinking on different issues on the resturaunt itself and the people who run it and ect.. Im sure for some good reality crap and to cover their asses from any repricusions that might come from the aftermath of the show.
SlipKid the resturaunt that you played at last month ( JACKS ) is one of the possibilities and if you know the Harrison Twp area Pier 3 Galley is another.GWB
Andrea
Posted 2008-01-02 7:57 AM (#64443 - in reply to #64434)

I have a love hate relationship with him , he fed a vegitarian meat secretly and laughed his chuffing head off at which point i wanted to scramble and roast his nuts , but then he showed his softer side when he shed a tear as he carted off his home reared pigs to be slaughtered, bless his gentle heart , prefere the "fat hairy bikers " cookery show
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)