The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Truss Rod Covers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

jeffeman
Posted 2007-12-30 11:45 PM (#68373)
Subject: Truss Rod Covers

I love the joy in playing a new guitar recently added to your collection. The way you just can't seem to get enough time to play all your old favorites on it, and make up some new ones. I took my new 1619 over to a friend's house today and jammed away the afternoon. His 1978 CL 1619 is was inspired me to search for my own in the first place. Mine is an 1984, and comparing them side by side I noticed for the first time the lack of a truss rod cover. His 1978 has a walnut carved one to match the bridge. I think my new one does not have one because it likely has a kamen bar? Does anyone know if this is correct?

I love the finished look of the carved truss rod cover. Has anyone heard of adding one to a newer 1619 which didn't have one? Any idea where I could get one? Would it effect the sound in anyway?

They are both beautiful guitars either way. I'd love to hear other members opinions on this subject.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2007-12-31 12:57 AM (#68374 - in reply to #68373)
Subject: Re: Truss Rod Covers

I have an old 1976 "Beater" 1112-1, which has a Truss Rod Cover...
While my '81 1112-4 does not, because it has a Kaman bar.
[My 70's issue 1121, 1621 & 1115 also have TRC's]

Now my personal opinion-- I see no reason why you could not get a really nice TRC and just attach it on there.
You could put it on with adhesive, in case you wanted to remove it for resale.
Also, that way there would be no added stress from screw-holes near the nut... (even if you keep it forever).
I have seen some really nice custom TRC's, and could go hand-carved, abalone inlay, your inital's...
Whatever makes you happy!
It is your guitar... Express Yourself! :cool:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)