The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Tune Up Help

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

mbedard
Posted 2010-12-21 3:36 PM (#2377)
Subject: Tune Up Help

Hi all, new memeber here...

I'm thinking my 1994 Elite 6768 deep body could use a little love. I don't think I've ever done a single adjustment to it since 94, and could use some recommendations. I think it definitely needs to be rehumidified, as the epaulet wood work has cracked at one of the narrow sections. Other than having that fixed and rehumidifying, do I really need to do anything else? It still holds a tuning really well, the action is just where I like it, and neck wear doesn't really appear to be a problem, but I don't have much tech experience to speak of.

Any advice? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TAFKAR
Posted 2010-12-21 6:27 PM (#2378 - in reply to #2377)
Subject: Re: Tune Up Help

Hi and welcome. Check that the frets don't have dents in them (once that gets too bad, you'll need to hand it over to someone to replace the frets). Otherwise, put some lemon oil into the fretboard. Search "lemon oil" on this forum and you'll find some threads that talk about what type of oil to use.

Otherwise, if the action is fine (as you say), then you should be good to keep going.
AussieJames
Posted 2010-12-21 11:31 PM (#2379 - in reply to #2377)

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

AJ
mbedard
Posted 2010-12-22 10:09 AM (#2380 - in reply to #2377)

Thanks All, I do hit the guitar with lemon oil every time I change the strings, so I think I'm in pretty good shape there. The fret board has a little bit of finish wear, but not to the extent that it is getting dented or scalloped.

All in all my little Elite has held up well over the years. I bought it when I was 18, and $1,100 or whatever I paid for it was a lot of money for me at the time (heck, it still is!). But I can honestly say it is one of the best purchase decisions I have ever made.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)