The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas 1587 neck - new questions

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> The Adamas GuitarMessage format

kboy54
Posted 2014-11-21 6:54 AM (#501131)
Subject: Adamas 1587 neck - new questions

Newbie here again! Many thanks to the members who kindly gave of their time & knowledge in my last posting. I love the necks on my Music Man guitars and my Adamas equally feels great! Very "organic". From what I have researched my 1587 has a Black Walnut neck so - Questions: (1) Is the neck itself finished in any way? (2) How does an Adamas player with my type of neck keep it clean - any special direction, cleaners, etc? My thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2014-11-21 6:31 PM (#501148 - in reply to #501131)
Subject: Re: Adamas 1587 neck - new questions

The back of the neck will have a poly clear coat. All you need is a damp rag to clean it. A little bit of soap is ok or a guitar cleaner such as Dunlop 65 if there is sticky grunge which won't come off with just water. Don't use any wax based product on the neck because the heat from your hand will make it sticky.

The fretboard is a resin impregnated walnut which shouldn't need anything other than simple cleaning. No lemon or other oils need be applied.
Leo
Posted 2014-11-21 11:39 PM (#501153 - in reply to #501131)

I have an Adamas with mahogany neck, that looks natural, organic, and with no clear coat. I used to clean with a dry microfiber, but always left a bit shine from my oils hands. I bought products from Zymol Music http://zymolmusic.com/ GBC gloss for my shiny finish tops, and Bridge for a matte finish to the ebony bridge, and mahogany neck. And the walnut bridge of my Elite.

http://zymolmusic.com/bridgefretandfingerboardprotectant.aspx

I applied with my fingers per instructed, and finished with pieces of cotton. Atonishing results with the neck. It left matte, natural finish wich looked very good. Shiny looks gone. And for playability, no problems at all, I didn´t remember put anything until reading this post. But this product is only if the wood is natural with no clear coat. I applied on the neck of my Ovation Elite, an no look change. I realized it has a poly finish.

So, ensure if the neck has organic, natural finish, or clear coat. Some Adamas has, an others don´t.

Zymol products are costly, but worth it.

I bought them from here:

http://www.bestbassgear.com/zymol.htm
nerdydave
Posted 2014-11-22 8:03 AM (#501156 - in reply to #501131)

Does the 1681-9 have the same kind of neck??
hwebster
Posted 2015-03-07 9:37 AM (#507378 - in reply to #501131)

No, the 1587 Adamas has a different neck than the 1681.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)