The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
What did I buy?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

Nancy
Posted 2016-10-05 4:13 PM (#529143 - in reply to #528806)
Subject: Re: What did I buy?

Love O Fair - 2016-09-14 4:41 PM

Mark in Boise - 2016-09-14 10:54 AM Where would we be without OMA?

We'd quite often be lost and wandering, that's for sure!  He is the guiding light to the Ovation days of our lives.  I don't have kids, but in another world I would tell all my children that they only have one life to live, and to stop being so young and restless and to pay more attention to wise people like Old Man Arthur.  Otherwise, as kids are today, they will surely end up in the psycho ward over at the general hospital.

**** SNORT ****

DEW SPEW!!!! OMG LoF!!!! I laughed so hard Dew came out of my nose!!! HOLY BUCKETS!!! (I don't know if I want to ask how you know the names of soooooo many Soap Operas... )
But you and Mark are right! OMA is a God Send!!

Edited by Nancy 2016-10-05 4:17 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stefannordh
Posted 2016-12-19 5:09 PM (#531347 - in reply to #528789)

Well, not sure what that was all about, Nancy...

Anyway, the new bridge is attached to the guitar with hide glue and a bit of cheap but hard epoxy as filler.
I also put two small pieces of wood, made from the old bridge, inside for the screws to attach to, not only putting stress on the top.
I put quite thin strings on .09 to avoid to much tension, sounds a bit "razzling".
The new bridge also has a bit low action, so I*ll try to make a thin piece of wood from the old bridge to put underneath the speaker.
I will update with some pictures...
stefannordh
Posted 2017-02-18 3:42 PM (#532837 - in reply to #528789)

Didn't do anything about the low action, still plays rather nice (som problems when playing on fret 12 and up...)
Did the first performance last weekend together with a violin in an "irish-style" song.
Pics to come...
tpa
Posted 2017-02-18 5:22 PM (#532841 - in reply to #528789)

Maybe a bit late advice: for filling large gaps one can mix glue with saw dust. Many Ovations have shims under the bridge to adjust string height. Most relatively stiff but not too heavy material can be used for that purpose. Some cut shims of credit cards (plastic) while other used printed circuit boards (fibreglass).
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)