The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
What guitar do I own?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

janitor joe
Posted 2016-12-25 12:50 PM (#531475)
Subject: What guitar do I own?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but I have owned this guitar for maybe 20 years? I am a jazz/ fusion player and love the sound of this guitar live, but I am no longer using it for live gigs as I feel it is getting old and I am nervous about it sustaining any damage. It has 2 small cracks in the finish behind the bridge( I have been told this is common due to the type of bracing Ovation uses) for whatever reason I never thought about it until recently but I have no idea what model I own. I can include photos. It is a nylon string with basic electronics, one volume knob. No fretmarkers, basically like a classical. The headstock is "slotted" like a classical. It has a truss rod. The body is a normal size depth and does not have a cutaway. No strap button near the neck, only 1 at the bottom of the body. The previous owner "lost" the soundhole label but he told me it was a 1976 model. the only number I can find is stamped on the heel 9151.
Additionally the OHSC is the brownish/orange one with velveteen lining and virtually no protection. Any help in determining the model etc would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2016-12-25 1:58 PM (#531477 - in reply to #531475)
Subject: Re: What guitar do I own?

Hey Joe...

That number stamped on the heel inside of the bowl should be the serial number.
(I could be wrong)
That would mean that the guitar was made in 1967-1968.
Photos would help.

If you cannot post photos here, a link to photos of the guitar on another site would be helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)