The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
2017 Hints and Rumors

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

marcthemusician
Posted 2017-01-03 8:25 PM (#531677)
Subject: 2017 Hints and Rumors

I haven't seen something about this on the forum, so maybe I can get some answers here.

I've posted that I'm looking for my first Ovation, and even though I'm looking used, I'm curious: Any idea what's coming this new year? Perhaps some nice USA models, priced reasonably? I know NAMM is coming up soon, but maybe some rumors are lurking. I'd be glad to take it all with a grain of salt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
leonardmccoy
Posted 2017-01-04 4:50 AM (#531685 - in reply to #531677)
Subject: Re: 2017 Hints and Rumors

I don't expect any change in the future in the sensible division of labor between the US-based factory (super high-end, handcrafted gear and new innovations) and Asian factories (high to low-end gear of the tried and true).

It's not surprising to me that the higher-end Ovations coming out of Asia are absolutely immaculate in their quality because by now, after all that time the Asian-based factories have been up and running, one would have to think those Asian craftsmen have figured out how to produce an Ovation proper.

Edited by leonardmccoy 2017-01-04 5:01 AM
d'ovation
Posted 2017-01-04 8:51 AM (#531688 - in reply to #531677)

I have no access to hints and rumors, BUT have an idea of what I would like to see. Last year we had the successful emergence of limited anniversary models. What I would like to see for this year is some regular production models from New Hartford. Maybe some some simplified versions of the anniversary models (i.e. no anniversary label lol) at lower price would be great, plus a 12-string.

Edited by d'ovation 2017-01-04 8:53 AM
DetlefMichel
Posted 2017-01-04 10:57 AM (#531694 - in reply to #531677)

!!!12!!!!string!!!!!deep!!!bowl!!!!1658 re-issue!!!!!!!!!
Standingovation
Posted 2017-01-04 1:32 PM (#531698 - in reply to #531677)

Keep it simple. Just make a good old USA Legend Cutaway. Mid depth bowl with electronics and your choice of natural, sunburst or black. The potential market for anything else is too small to bother. Just look at us on this board, some of he most avid Ovation buyers you will ever find and we could hardly agree on anything. Making 10 models with very narrow markets and only selling 10 of each is not a business. Making 2 models with wide markets and selling 200 of each is much more attractive.
marcthemusician
Posted 2017-01-04 2:24 PM (#531700 - in reply to #531698)

I agree. Personally, I'd like an American Ovation, reasonably priced. I'd like non cutaway, but beggars can't be choosers. Maybe they'll make 2, like you say: one cutaway, one non-cutaway. That'd be great. But you're right: it's their company, and they need to make their own decision. However, I really like what they did with the 50th anniversary guitars.
Love O Fair
Posted 2017-01-04 6:35 PM (#531707 - in reply to #531677)

I, too, am with Standingovation's hopes for a larger run on USA models, and thus a wider availability and more reasonable pricing schedule for those of us who have only so far pondered purchasing a brand new USA model of recent issue. But, then again, I am not a guitar manufacturer with limited local labor available and affordable.. so to produce their company's USA-issued products on a "Volume! Volume! Volume!" basis like the old days could be totally impossible. If the incoming administration gets their way, it appears that the Asian trade taxes may increase to the point where making a higher number of USA Ovation models is more viable at a lower price. We shall see.
2wheeldrummer
Posted 2017-01-04 6:46 PM (#531709 - in reply to #531677)

I'd like to see a production run Adamas,traditional deep bowl non-cutaway AST(suspension ring)
I doubt you'll see production run legends,elites they'd be competing with there own models.
We can all dream right!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)