The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1651 Legend

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

close
Posted 2017-01-11 3:50 PM (#531921)
Subject: 1651 Legend

Hi this is my first time on the forum and glad to be here, I come from Belfast Ireland.
I have been playing a 1651 legend since the early eighties, in all that time I have tried and owned many great guitars that have been excellent for playing un plugged or recording.
But I have to say that not one of these come even close to the sound of my ovation when playing with my live band. I find unplugged and compared to top end guitars my ovation sounds dull, but when these great guitars are played in amplified conditions with other instruments the only part of the sound that gets through is the very top end high frequency. but play the Ovation and I get a solid wall across all the tones, I constantly get people coming up to find out what type of guitar I am playing.
I have one problem all these years that I cant solve though? On my mixing desk I have to turn the gain fully up also the fader to full so I can get the volume needed to drive my Legend. I have tried all sorts of pre amps and other gadgets to boost or cure this but to no avail.
Has anyone came across this issue and came up with a solution?
Any suggestions are welcome.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)