The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Harmonics and the UKII

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

wyldwulf
Posted 2017-02-02 8:01 AM (#532476)
Subject: Harmonics and the UKII

I like the feel, weight, and playability of my recently acquired UKII but I am noticing I am having a hell of a lot of a lot of difficulty coaxing pinch harmonics out of it compared to my other guitars of the same scale length on the same chain. With such hot pups this doesn't make much sense to me and I am wondering if any of you UK II owners notice this and have any suggested tone/pickup height suggestions for pulling them off more easily/regularly on this beast?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2017-02-02 4:24 PM (#532487 - in reply to #532476)
Subject: Re: Harmonics and the UKII

I have no problems with pinch harmonics on a UKII. Been doing it for over 30 years now. Playing with the pickup height is a good idea. You can put a UKII pickup right up on the strings as there's very little magnetic pull.
wyldwulf
Posted 2017-02-04 2:04 PM (#532549 - in reply to #532476)
Subject: Re: Harmonics and the UKII

With some trial and error I have figured out that the fundamental is so strong with the bridge PU on max or near max it just drowns my harmonics. I am hearing them way better rolled back to around 5. The pickup placement has also been thrown me off for finding the nodes a little as I am used to 22 fret necks. All said, one thing I am not too keen on is the volume ramp from 0-1 which pops more like a toggle than swell. This may be universal or a bad pot, but both the bridge and neck seem to have the same ramp.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)