The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New OFC Member

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Scott87CS
Posted 2017-02-20 10:30 AM (#532867)
Subject: New OFC Member

Hi Folks!
Thanks for the add. I have been an Ovation fan for some time but just recently took it to a whole new level. I purchased my first Ovation in '91 when I ordered a CC68 in with the barnburst finish from my local music store. Two years ago I decided I wanted to get serious about playing and after purchasing another brand of acoustic that did nothing for me, I did some research and decided to buy a 1778TX-5. That guitar spoke to me in ways no other did and with the help of some online tutorials I set about leaning a few songs I've really wanted to play. Fast forward to today, I now play out regularly with my own solo acoustic show, an unplugged version of my band and as a duo with my friend/drummer. Fortunately (or not) I'm able to take my gig money and spend it as I see fit. This had caused some issues because now I'm obsessed with Ovation guitars and currently own 11 of them.

I recognize some of the folks here from one of the FB pages I joined and it's great to see the passion for the brand, particularly after the relaunch of the New Hartford factory by DW.

Thanks again and I look forward to learning even more about the history and progress of this great American
instrument manufacturer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2017-02-20 1:30 PM (#532869 - in reply to #532867)
Subject: Re: New OFC Member

Hi Scott, Welcome. I've updated you to full member. You can post throughout the site now.

Only 11? AMATEUR! :D
Scott87CS
Posted 2017-02-20 1:54 PM (#532872 - in reply to #532869)

Hey Damon....thanks! Yes, only 11.....I feel like a total slacker when I see some of the collections and guitars you guys have. I'm working on it.

Rock on!
Damon67
Posted 2017-02-20 2:25 PM (#532874 - in reply to #532867)

I was being sarcastic for sure, but... I think I had 2 when I joined this place, so you're outpacing me already.
Scott87CS
Posted 2017-02-21 7:09 AM (#532887 - in reply to #532874)

Thanks.....I figured you were just busting my chops. I was actually thinking about selling one or two to fund a couple I just picked up but my buddy bought an Epi LP I wasn't really playing anymore so I still have all my O's.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)