The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Nice to contact real Ovation fans!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Amor12string
Posted 2017-02-27 8:32 PM (#532981)
Subject: Nice to contact real Ovation fans!

Hi Friends. I just found this club today and am thrilled to see so many Ovation fans from around the world. My life has included my beautiful 12 string for most of my 59 years, but I rarely meet anyone who owns one or plays one. I bought my faithful musical partner new in 1980 (made in 1979) and can't imagine my music life without it. In around 1993, it developed a crack in the face, just under the bridge, so I sent it back to the factory for warranty repair. I also paid to have the electronics upgraded and it came home to me in fantastic shape, better than ever! The strange part of this story is that the model number was different than when I sent it. I believe the original number was 1615, but the new label says 1715. This, I believe, is a mistake, since I cannot find anything about such a model number. Anyway, I hope to post photos in the future and look forward to learning from other aficionados. Cheers! -Robert in the Michigan north woods
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2017-02-27 10:06 PM (#532982 - in reply to #532981)
Subject: Re: Nice to contact real Ovation fans!

Hello Robert,

Many people love those old 1615 Pacemakers. I've had a few of them.

I think I might have an answer for you on your '1715' question. When Ovation changed electronics from the FET single knob preamp to the OP24 with the EQ, the '6' in the model numbers changed to '7'. The Pacemaker had already been discontinued by the time this happened, so that is why you never saw a 1715 model. It's kinda fun having your very own model I bet.

Welcome to the Club!
Amor12string
Posted 2017-02-28 6:25 AM (#532984 - in reply to #532982)
Subject: Re: Nice to contact real Ovation fans!

OMG, that is awesome! Thanks for solving the big mystery! You made my day!
--"One of a Kind, Robert!"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)