The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Classical Nylon 1773AX-4 Mid-body design

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

mansel
Posted 2017-02-28 2:22 PM (#532989)
Subject: Classical Nylon 1773AX-4 Mid-body design

I am new to ovation and purchased the Classical Nylon Ovation yesterday to replace my older nylon guitar. I was so excited for my purchase until a friend said that I purchased the wrong nylon Ovation because this model is made in Asia. He said that the American made Ovations sound better and stay in tune while the Asia model has had a bad reputation in the sound department.

Can any one here give me more information about the 1773Ax-4 Mid-Body Ovation? I would love to hear what others have to say about this guitar. After spending $900 for it, I am afraid that I may be in for a severe, and costly disappointment.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-02-28 3:28 PM (#532992 - in reply to #532989)
Subject: Re: Classical Nylon 1773AX-4 Mid-body design

Have you received the guitar yet? I am guessing that you bought it online...

There are many "Asian made" Ovations.
Some are Celebrity and Applause guitars that are designed to be inexpensive.
Also, some of the AX models have a reputation for not being as good as USA models.
This may be true. But that does not mean that your guitar will suck.
If you have bought it from a reputable online dealer you will be able to return it if it does not meet your expectations. eBay also has a Money-back guarantee.

Also... If this is a "new" Ovation that was made since DW Drums bought Ovation, the quality may be better than what was being made when Fender owned Ovation.
If your headstock looks like this, it is the Newer model.

Have faith and patience. And remember you can return it.
Don't let someone's opinion ruin your New Guitar Day before you have even seen the guitar.

Be sure to let us know how you like it once you receive it.

Also, here is a Link to your guitar on the Ovation website.... LINK

Edited by Old Man Arthur 2017-02-28 3:39 PM
mansel
Posted 2017-02-28 8:53 PM (#533001 - in reply to #532992)

Old Man Arthur, your tag name say "old" but it should be "Wise"
Thank you for your response to my post an to answer some of your questions. The link is an accurate picture of the Ovation that I purchased. It is a newer model of with a thinner neck allowing for smaller hands more comfortability in playing and that is why I went with the Ovation rather than a Martin or Yahama. This is a Legacy version. I purchased it from our local ComputerCenter and it will not be delivered until approximately March 20th. They do have a money back guarantee or a replacement policy.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Another one is that I have never played on an Acoustic/Electric guitar. In your opinion, should I purchase an wireless receiver or sound system for it or do you think that the sound will be fine without the push of the electric system? And what is a "Pick-up" The website that you sent me listed Pickup: Ovation OCP-1K Pickup, What is this?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-02-28 10:27 PM (#533005 - in reply to #532989)

The "pickup" is the saddle.
The OCP-1K pickup is a undersaddle transducer with six individual "crystals".
It is designed to pick-up individual string vibrations.

As to the electronics... If you usually don't play plugged-in, you will be okay.
This is an Acoustic guitar. If you have access to an amp, then you can plug-in.
But you will be able to play it just like a normal classical guitar.
Plus, the OP-Pro preamp has a built-in chromatic Tuner.

Amplifiers and wireless system will come later when GAS* ensues.
*[Guitar/Gear Acquisition Syndrome]
mansel
Posted 2017-04-23 6:04 PM (#533863 - in reply to #532989)

Old Man Arthur, I did receive my Ovation Classical guitar and it is wonderful. I love the crisp, yet woody tone it produces. At first when I received it from our local Guitar Center they said that I would be back in two weeks to change the strings. They were right; the original string were terrible and buzzed when I strummed it. Now the buzzing is gone and I totally love it. I play with a group of seven other guitars and three mandolins. The others say that they can not hear me finger picking style. Should I look for a wireless booster? I have no clue on what I should need, but what ever it is it needs to be small so I can carry it around as well as have it set where people won't trip on the system.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)