The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
CC44-2WFB

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

komitikki
Posted 2017-03-07 8:51 AM (#533096)
Subject: CC44-2WFB

Hello,im looking to get into the ovation world,but in serbia they can be found really rarely in stores.The only model i was able to find in stock was the discontinued CC44,and they offer it in honey burst,and i dont like that colour,so i think i will get this one,but for some reason there arent a lot of pictures of this guitar on the internet,and in every single one the colour is either really dark or light,so i cant know the actual colour of the guitar if i dont drive for 3 hours to the town the shop is in.My best buddy has the guitar,just not in the 2wfb colour,ive tried it,probably the best guitar i ever laid hands on.So if somebody has the guitar and can put up pics i would really be grateful.Also,i want to know what are ovations prone to,whats the worst that i cant expect,and is it true that most ovations need a set up before they can be played?I mean just the main info on common problems etc.Sorry for my bad english as it isnt my first language and thanks a lot,btw i do know this guitar is discontinued.
P.S. Where was this model made in?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2017-03-07 2:36 PM (#533103 - in reply to #533096)
Subject: Re: CC44-2WFB

CC44 guitars were made in China.
The problem with Celebrity guitars is that the guitar MAY have high action.
High action is not an "Ovation problem" it is a Chinese made guitar problem.
So I would make sure that the seller offers a Return Policy, or I would drive 3 hours to see it in person. Or call the seller for a detailed description. I have owned a couple of Celebrity CC44 guitars and they are Nice guitars. Just know what you are buying.

If this guitar is actually a "-2WFB" it would be "Red Waterfall Bubinga" wood and look about like this...

And HERE is another one on Reverb with a bunch of photos to give you an idea of what you are buying.

I hope that this helps you...
komitikki
Posted 2017-03-08 3:58 PM (#533121 - in reply to #533103)
Subject: Re: CC44-2WFB

Thank you a lot!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)