The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Member, Old Hand

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Jon Clinch
Posted 2017-04-11 2:29 PM (#533632)
Subject: New Member, Old Hand

Bought my first three Ovations — Artist, Electric Artist, and Electric Country Artist (sure wish I still had that one) in the early seventies. Sold them all over time, settled on a Folklore (1614-4) in 1976 or 1977, and it's been all the guitar I've needed for the past forty years.

A few months ago, right during the Grammy Awards, the bridge separated from the top of the Folklore with a memorable explosion. I thought the thing was beyond hope. Various luthiers advised me either to have a new top fitted, or to forget the whole thing. I ended up contacting Ovation in New Hartford, where this morning I picked up my magnificently restored old pal. John Budny and his team did amazing work. My heart was absolutely in my mouth to see it. I think my wife might have shed a tear.

Anyhow, that's the outline of my Ovation story — that and the fact that a few months back I won the company's monthly Facebook photo contest and got my hands on a surprisingly fine Applause Elite AE44-VV. That was unexpected. And it gives me a pretty fair sense of both ends of the Ovation spectrum over time.

Glad I found you folks. Eager to join in the conversation. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2017-04-11 2:40 PM (#533633 - in reply to #533632)
Subject: Re: New Member, Old Hand

Hello Jon.

The folks at Ovation do some excellent repair work for sure. You've been updated to full member. Feel free to post in other areas.

And welcome!
Jon Clinch
Posted 2017-04-12 10:10 AM (#533648 - in reply to #533633)

Thanks, Damon. I'd like to post a fuller description, along with a photo or two. Is there a place where I can get instructions on how to post a photo?

Best,

— J
Damon67
Posted 2017-04-13 5:19 PM (#533675 - in reply to #533632)

Jon, the FAQ section is a wealth of knowledge. Here's a tutorial on picture posting...

http://ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=32848&...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)