The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New member in SoCal.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

thomj513
Posted 2017-06-07 11:51 AM (#535441)
Subject: New member in SoCal.

Hello from the Southern California region; Los Angeles area to be more specific. I am a new member to the Ovation Fan Club and the new owner of a 1978 Ovation Balladeer that I purchased recently from the Reverb.com site. While researching the instrument I did purchase, I found this site and the Ovation Tribute site; both sites are informative and were helpful in making my buy. The seller listed it in very good condition but when I recv’d it I would say it’s in excellent to near mint condition. The case is the original “brown” Ovation model but the handle has gone missing in action. Not a real problem as I’m having a local luggage repair shop put on a new handle and hardware; should look like new once I get through cleaning up the case. I had been shopping for an acoustic guitar for about a year and a half. Couldn’t decide if I wanted a resonator or conventional round hole flat top guitar. The arthritis in my left hand had me thinking that I should focus on bottleneck/slide playing but for some reason I felt that it may be limiting in what I would like to play. Having recently read a piece in Acoustic Guitar along with other articles I’ve read over the years about Django Reinhart and all the limitations he had in his hand, I felt that my arthritis was very minor in comparison and I should forge ahead with the chord/melody type of playing I like. But, I may get a resonator guitar in the future. I felt that a flat top guitar would be more useful to me at the moment. I remember the Ovation guitars, both acoustic and electric, and amps when they first came out. The music store where I was taking lessons at the time just had taken on the complete line and boy were these instruments impressive. I really liked the Balladeer but since my folks had just bought a new Guild Starfire III for me, an acoustic was out of the question. I remember Hungarian guitarist Gabor Szabo using an Ovation and thought that one day I should get one for myself. Fast forward to now, I decided to do some serious shopping and found my guitar. Everything just felt right about the instrument and the purchase. I haven’t been this thrilled about buying a guitar in a long time, and boy have I had my share of guitars over the years. So happy 65th birthday to me. Time to go play some music on the Ovation. TJ.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)