The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1612-1 Balladeer find

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

kentrookie
Posted 2017-09-07 10:52 PM (#537343)
Subject: 1612-1 Balladeer find

Picked up a Balladeer at Guitar Center. Once in a while you find gem in the used section......entirely too pristine for a 43 year old guitar. The original case is close to perfect......kind of wish we had a ancestry.com for guitars. I would to love to know the story of the this instrument from factory to my lucky possession.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kentrookie
Posted 2017-09-08 12:15 AM (#537345 - in reply to #537343)
Subject: Re: 1612-1 Balladeer find

Link to the pictures
http://www.ovationfanclub.com/megabbs/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?m...

arumako
Posted 2017-09-09 8:38 AM (#537364 - in reply to #537343)
Subject: RE: 1612-1 Balladeer find

kentrookie - 2017-09-07 12:52 PM

Picked up a Balladeer at Guitar Center. Once in a while you find gem in the used section......entirely too pristine for a 43 year old guitar. The original case is close to perfect......kind of wish we had a ancestry.com for guitars. I would to love to know the story of the this instrument from factory to my lucky possession.

Congratulations kentrookie; she's a beauty! I love the "-4" natural finishes, but that "-1" sunburst is beautiful in her own right. DanSavage was kind enough to give me a shot at his rebuilt torrefied 1612-4. These guitars were a real value when they were originally introduced - what with the ebony fret board and 1st generation pre-amp and all. I really love mine ('82 with K-5 bracing) and can hardly put her down. Would sure love to hear what yours sounds like. Any chance at posting a video?

Edited by arumako 2017-09-09 8:40 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)