The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hi from Australia

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Aus-Nath
Posted 2017-09-16 6:18 AM (#537421)
Subject: Hi from Australia

Hey guys, found a CS-247 Celebrity Deluxe pretty cheap at a pawn shop today so I jumped on it since I've been looking for one for a while.

Will try and upload some photos but it's a navy blue matte finish, pretty faded and crappy though.

It needs a bit of love - mainly the tuning peg for the A string. Was barely hanging on as the plastic bushing under the head was split, and just messing with it a little I ended up snapping it entirely off. If I can't find a way to jury rig it to make it work I will look for a replacement. Found a few but they're all overseas and will take a few weeks to get here.

Can anyone recommend a set of aftermarket tuners if I can't find an original? May as well upgrade if I can.

Not sure what I'll do about the finish yet... It's pretty patchy and ghetto looking but I'll try my best to clean it up. Not a huge fan of the colour. Guess I could laquer it to gloss it up, or sticker bomb it or something, haven't really decided yet. I may just leave it as is but it's a bit of an ugly beast at the moment.

Other than that the plan is just to throw a set of Elixir extra lights on it and play it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)