The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
adamas II 1885 nb5 87

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

acousdoc
Posted 2018-02-13 2:04 PM (#541178)
Subject: adamas II 1885 nb5 87

I've been playing, repairing and refurbishing guitars, banjos, mandolin and ukuleles for 50 years. I have accumulated quite a bit of knowledge about acoustic instruments in general however I know almost nothing about ovations. I have patient family (I'm a chiropractor) whose disabled daughter died last year leaving her elderly parents with a fairly sizable number of guitars. I have been helping them sell the instruments and we're pretty much down to an Adamas II 12 string. It is an 1885 nb5 87. According to the information I've been able to get so far that 1885s were built between 92 and 97, the nb5 is black, I have no idea what 87 means and I have no idea what relative value of this model might be. It needs a neck set which should be easy due to the bolt on design. The neck itself is in good shape with little or no relief (unstrung) and light fret wear on the 1st 2 or 3 frets. Any advise, suggestions, estimates of value both as is and reset would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. My only interest here is to treat her parents right
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2018-02-13 4:06 PM (#541182 - in reply to #541178)
Subject: Re: adamas II 1885 nb5 87

welcome to the forum
you can post anywhere now.

87 is the frequency rating of the top.

I'd advise any work done on the guitar be done at the factory hard to tell but maybe just a neck adjustment.

as for value I would look for comparatives out there and price accordingly
good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)