The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
VXT revelation

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Oddball
Posted 2018-04-09 1:49 PM (#543159)
Subject: VXT revelation

Got a gorgeous new-to-me VXT a while back and have enjoyed learning it. But couldn't figure out the electronic-vs-acoustic pickup blend/mix feature. Just all sounded electric. Did not get a manual with it, but looked one up online and as much as I fiddled, it still didn't sound any different no matter which way I turned that bottom knob.
I noticed that the battery LED was supposed to glow red when the battery got low. It wasn't so I figured the battery was good. Thought I'd try a different battery anyway so put one in I found in a drawer that LOOKED new. Still the same thing. And still no red light (it did blip on and off once or twice when I changed the batt). So couple of days ago I'm in the store by the battery rack and figure what the hey - I buy a pack of new 9-V batteries. Put one in and VOILA! Wow - all of a sudden I'm getting all kinds of neat effect out of the guitar and everything is working like I've read it's supposed to.
I find it curious that the guitar behaved like it did with the dead battery. That lower knob (the blend knob) acted like a second volume control, which made no sense to me.
Just posting this in case anyone else might have a similar issue and no low-batt light - change that 9V with a battery you KNOW is good!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2018-04-09 1:54 PM (#543160 - in reply to #543159)
Subject: Re: VXT revelation

The key to fresh batteries is THROW THE OLD ONES AWAY! As in, don't put them in a drawer because they might have some life left... you'll grab them and reuse them. I'd also ask if you send the acoustic/piezo side out through an acoustic amp.

http://www.ovationtribute.com/Catalogues/2007_VXT_Owner_Manual/VXT-Manual.html

Edited by MWoody 2018-04-09 1:55 PM
Oddball
Posted 2018-04-09 5:39 PM (#543164 - in reply to #543159)

Afraid I'm not quite that sophisticated. Just have an old Fender Deluxe 90 so piping it into that in 'Mono' mode. I did get the dual pigtail thingie but don't have a second amp. And yes, that ovationtribute website is where I found the manual. Now excuse me while I throw out all the old batteries in my drawers. LOL
Mark in Boise
Posted 2018-04-09 6:04 PM (#543167 - in reply to #543159)

I've saved a few because they had some life in them, but by the time I get around to using them they've gone dead. Now I check the suspects on a battery tester we have in the laundry room where we keep the new batteries and if it doesn't give me a green light, I throw them away. If I was smart, I'd replace all the batteries in our smoke alarms at the same time every year, but I'm not smart, so I end up walking around the house in the middle of the night trying to find the one that's chirping. A couple of them require an extension ladder to change the battery. Not fun when the ladder is outside and I'm in my underwear. Maybe I'll write a song about it before Dave steals my idea.
DaveKell
Posted 2018-04-09 6:20 PM (#543168 - in reply to #543167)

Mark in Boise - 2018-04-09 6:04 PM

I've saved a few because they had some life in them, but by the time I get around to using them they've gone dead. Now I check the suspects on a battery tester we have in the laundry room where we keep the new batteries and if it doesn't give me a green light, I throw them away. If I was smart, I'd replace all the batteries in our smoke alarms at the same time every year, but I'm not smart, so I end up walking around the house in the middle of the night trying to find the one that's chirping. A couple of them require an extension ladder to change the battery. Not fun when the ladder is outside and I'm in my underwear. Maybe I'll write a song about it before Dave steals my idea.

Too late. That's a song that will write itself as soon as I'm in the mood to write another funny one (which I hope is never).
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-04-09 8:30 PM (#543169 - in reply to #543159)

Old batteries can be a lot like derelict cousins.
kentrookie
Posted 2018-04-09 11:18 PM (#543171 - in reply to #543159)

My wife accuses me of saving burned out light bulbs....let’s not bring up the batteries in bottom drawer....ok?
Besides there is always the possibility the Costco mondo pack might get used up.
alpep
Posted 2018-04-10 12:44 PM (#543184 - in reply to #543159)

Batteries

Ggggrrrrrr

I never know if they have any juice in them
DanSavage
Posted 2018-04-10 2:14 PM (#543186 - in reply to #543184)

If you want to know how much juice is left in a 9V, simply lick the contacts with your tongue.
alpep
Posted 2018-04-10 2:46 PM (#543188 - in reply to #543159)

how about I send them to you and you can lick till your heart's delight?
nerdydave
Posted 2018-04-11 10:58 PM (#543206 - in reply to #543159)

Or better yet use a voltmeter to ascertain the available voltage!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)