The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hi everyone - newbie alert!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

StevieSavage
Posted 2018-06-09 10:22 AM (#544033)
Subject: Hi everyone - newbie alert!

just wanted to introduce myself, as I think it's rude not to before launching into a thousand questions!

So, I have been a big fan of Ovation solids since first playing one in 1985. I bought my Deacon in 1990 and have recently acquired a Breadwinner.

The Deacon is 99.9% original, with the minor exception that I have added a power switch. This enables the guitar to completely power off when the cable is left in, something that always used to annoy me in situations like between soundcheck and gigs, or during rehearsals, when you really do not want to faff about unplugging the cable each time just to switch off the FET power! I know it's not essential, but just gives me peace of mind.

The Breadwinner is not totally original but just has the now traditional mods of pre-amp gone and two more pots. So it follows the classic LP wiring - 2-vol/2-tone layout. But it does still have the original toroidal p/u's.

At this point I should mention that I have around 16 guitars and out of them all (including some high-end and vintage instruments) guess which play and sound the best? Yep - these Ovation solids are in my opinion TOTALLY underrated for their playability. Oh, did I mention they also sound great, but to my ears I prefer the 'gnarley' P90'ish sound of the Breadwinners singles. They are also unfeasibly versatile and totally blow my Tele into the weeds in every way!!

Did I say I was a fan of Ovation solids? :D

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you guys and maybe will learn more about these incredible and underrated guitars.

Stevie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2018-06-09 1:55 PM (#544037 - in reply to #544033)
Subject: Re: Hi everyone - newbie alert!

Hey Steve, Welcome to the club. I think you came to the right place. Feel free to post in the General forums.. we like pictures too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)