The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Parlor Gig bag

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Jonmark Stone
Posted 2018-06-21 6:33 PM (#544173)
Subject: Parlor Gig bag

Kinda weird time to ask this after Davekell's post.

Been looking for a bag for my new parlor. Unlike other parlors, O's are full scale with a small/narrow body.

Not easy to find a good fit. Bags with the appropriate length have way too much extra room for the body. I like the roadrunners with the extra compartments but the standard acoustic bag is cavernous for the body... and the parlor bag isn't scale long enough.

Anybody here found a good solution for this delima?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Love O Fair
Posted 2018-06-21 6:48 PM (#544176 - in reply to #544173)
Subject: Re: Parlor Gig bag

I had that somewhat same situation. Not sure if you have the resources I did, but my wife (seamstress-type) measured it up, cut some foam to contour both instrument and case (like the stuff in a road case), covered the foam in fabric, and stuck velcro tabs on both the foam packs and inside the bag. It worked well for my application, and the packs could be removed to bring the bag back to normal spec. Would that work for yours?

PS.. if you do this, make sure to use the fuzzy side of the velcro on the bag and the rough part on the packs so that you don't have the rough velcro rubbing on the full size guitar when the packs are taken out. We screwed up on that part.

Edited by Love O Fair 2018-06-21 6:53 PM
moody, p.i.
Posted 2018-06-22 7:50 PM (#544195 - in reply to #544173)

C'mon Jm, get a grownup size guitar! Go ahead and send me that little one and I'll store it for you......
ProfessorBB
Posted 2018-06-24 8:51 AM (#544209 - in reply to #544176)

Love O Fair - 2018-06-21 6:48 PM I had that somewhat same situation. Not sure if you have the resources I did, but my wife (seamstress-type) measured it up, cut some foam to contour both instrument and case (like the stuff in a road case), covered the foam in fabric, and stuck velcro tabs on both the foam packs and inside the bag. It worked well for my application, and the packs could be removed to bring the bag back to normal spec.

i did the same thing sans the fabric covering and the Velcro.  Picked up some 2” foam panels at the local fabrics store and used scissors and glue to fabricate my own custom removable insert.  

Jonmark Stone
Posted 2018-06-24 9:06 AM (#544210 - in reply to #544173)

Good ideas. I've decided to try the classical sized. Has the length and the body part is a bit smaller than standard.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)