The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas Nuova Strings (for sale)

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Buckalbertbill
Posted 2018-08-09 7:13 PM (#544847)
Subject: Adamas Nuova Strings (for sale)

My first post and I have come to sell...

Adamas Nuova strings. Anyone else tried these? These are Nano coated on both the core and wrap wire(s) with solid brass balls. Excellent article here http://www.ovationtribute.com/Catalogues/2017_New_Adamas-Strings_En...

Not available to buy in the USA so I ordered some sets from Germany. Did not find them to my liking so I would like to sell my remaining sets. I found these to be too "broken in" sounding. They're not bad, they just lack the buzzy crispness of brand new strings. I am nuts over that new string sound, so am always looking for the holy grail string set. The nano coating on these and perhaps the winding strategy give these a much mellower albeit punchy sound. again not bad strings, just not what I am looking for. I have 5 sets of the 6 string medium gage (1919nu) and 4 sets of 12 string light (1616nu) both are phosphor bronze.

I thought I would offer them here first to my fellow Ovation lovers before tossing them up on ebay. Prices are exactly what I paid (after converting from euros) and are as follows:

1616nu 12 string light $26.40
1919nu 6 string medium gage $16.02

$6.00 flat rate shipping for 1 or more (or all) of the sets. 5% of each transaction will be donated to this site.

Lastly, both the article linked above and the packaging claim that the octave A string is a wound string. (.018 respectively) I was excited at this as I prefer a wound string here, however upon opening the package,I found the octave A to be an unwound plain steel string... Strange, but please be advised. PM me if you would like to buy (Paypal only) Thanks and happy stringing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)