The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Keep the sorta new Ovation guitar or wait for the real new Ovation Guitar?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

cleandust
Posted 2018-12-21 4:49 PM (#546216)
Subject: Keep the sorta new Ovation guitar or wait for the real new Ovation Guitar?

Hey guys, I know ultimately I will have to make a decision. I just wanted to get some advice, and a different point of view.
I recently purchased the Ovation C2079AXP-KOAB Custom Legend Contour Acoustic-Electric Guitar Koa Burst online from Guitar Center. It retailed for $1,102.07, but it had a 15% off promotion, and so I got it for $936.76.
I had the guitar ship to my nearby store. After picking it up I noticed a tiny crack on the bottom of the Koa top, probably about half an inch. I returned it, and had them order a new one for me. I recently received the replacement, and as I inspected it luckily there was no crack, however there were some scratch marks on the Koa tip under the sound hole. I showed the store manager and he said they were pick marks. Basically he was explaining to me that this guitar could have been used. I asked if I could return it for another one, and he said they didn’t have anymore in stock at the moment. He gave me two options. He could offer 5% more off to make it a total of 20% off of the purchase. Or he could order me a new one from Ovation Guitars for the same price that I purchased it. He told me that I didn’t have to make a decision yet, and that I had about 45 days to decide. I said okay and left.
To be quite honest the scratches are pretty minor. I was just hoping for a “new” guitar, and when I saw the fine scratches I was a little bummed. I’m basically in a place where I am wondering if it is worth it to wait for the guitar from Ovation, or should I just keep this guitar since I already have it.
The manager said the only thing about having the Guitar Center order the guitar is I would not be able to return the guitar. Once I get it I own it. I wonder if I would need to return it at any point? Hmmm?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2018-12-21 7:44 PM (#546217 - in reply to #546216)
Subject: Re: Keep the sorta new Ovation guitar or wait for the real new Ovation Guitar?

Will your "New" guitar be shipped from Ovation?
If so... Go for it.
Tell them that you want a Hard Case too.
cleandust
Posted 2018-12-21 10:04 PM (#546218 - in reply to #546217)
Subject: Re: Keep the sorta new Ovation guitar or wait for the real new Ovation Guitar?

Old Man Arthur - 2018-12-21 5:44 PM

Will your "New" guitar be shipped from Ovation?
If so... Go for it.
Tell them that you want a Hard Case too.

Yup, that’s what the Guitar Center manager told me. He just said that if I had any problems with it I couldn’t return it to the store. Which, I guess that makes sense cause they’re just ordering it for me.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2018-12-21 10:28 PM (#546219 - in reply to #546216)

Nice!

Meanwhile... Only a few people can respond in the Welcome Center.
So, now you are a Member.
Now you can post in the General Posting section where others can respond.

Welcome
cleandust
Posted 2018-12-21 10:48 PM (#546220 - in reply to #546219)

Thanks!
alpep
Posted 2018-12-22 2:11 PM (#546227 - in reply to #546216)

pick scratches are almost unavoidable....
if you liked the first guitar I would have kept it
the guitar was probably hanging in a store and someone played it
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)