The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hy_Vibe

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

marenostrum
Posted 2019-03-06 1:26 PM (#547230)
Subject: Hy_Vibe

This system maybe will have fortune or maybe not but I would have seen better our favourite guitar brand to develop it...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHyJiJQKGD0
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Love O Fair
Posted 2019-03-06 2:06 PM (#547232 - in reply to #547230)
Subject: Re: Hy_Vibe

When first watching the video you posted the link for I was under the impression that it was something that a player could add to their own guitar.. but it's not. Looking further I see that it is a stand-alone guitar brand unto itself.. so I have to wonder about the quality of the actual guitar build, and the cost. Their website and other media is pretty extensive, so I didn't explore it all, but apparently it is not yet for sale on the open market. Only taking pre-orders at the time. But still pretty cool, considering that you can add the adapter app to your phone and have dozens of effects on a remote beach or camping without an amp or any other outside electrics. Just the guitar itself. It will be interesting to see where this brand goes.
marenostrum
Posted 2019-03-06 2:29 PM (#547233 - in reply to #547230)

Love O Fair, you are right. This guitar has been presented to the public at the last NAMM. I came across it on YT while I was looking for the Ovation vid. Even with the obvious differences it recall immediately the iDea preamp. Do not know the street price and if it really sound cool in person as it is presented in the video. We'll see.....
FlySig
Posted 2019-03-06 3:14 PM (#547234 - in reply to #547230)

There is a similar product called the ToneWoodAmp. It attaches magnetically to the outside back of a wooden guitar. This is indeed the kind of inovation our favorite company should have been leading the industry on.
nerdydave
Posted 2019-03-06 8:44 PM (#547239 - in reply to #547230)

But I guess I am from an era long bygone but what is wrong with just sitting on the beach with you and your guitar and nothing more?? Save a few crabs emerging from their holes to listen to the concert as the sun goes down over the horizon!!
DetlefMichel
Posted 2019-03-09 6:49 AM (#547281 - in reply to #547230)

Does the tone wood amp work with an Ovation bowl?
elginacres
Posted 2019-03-09 4:38 PM (#547287 - in reply to #547230)

Saw it and really liked it (NAMM) - price will be higher end - consistent with LAGs other stuff. Loved the thinner profile of the neck. Build quality reminded me of earlier Larrivee's and current Loudens and PRS. FYI - they are not light - neither is a 1537.

The technology is coming - yes it is here now - but not mainstream - but it works. I cannot help but think of high-end buskers loving this technology. Hey OMA - not sure how it would hold up in Portland's rain. Instead of a bluegrass pickin parlor - picture coffee shops and jazz clubs and all the artists do is come in sit down and play - or just sit in front of a couple condensors and roll. The Tonewood works well - but is clunky in physical set-up. - this takes away the clunkiness.

Live performer thoughts - changing programs on your mobile device is harder during live play than pedals - but it is coming. The interface on the guitar is fine though. Think tweak parameters in rehearsal and practice - send to guitar for a a few simple changes during a set. They need to get the display brighter if you wanna play it on the beach. Things not here quite yet - but will be coming - not sure if they will be with this company or not:
1. Adding your own plugins. Picture TC Helicon, Lexicon, or Sansamp stuff - purchased for 19.99 - and added to the list.
2. Triggering and Midi - btw - Ovation did that too 30ish years ago. Damon...I'm still interested.
3. Mic modeling
4. 12 string emulator added to the mix
4. Add a 199 dollar 1 Terabyte SD card for memory.
5. Blue tooth pedal controller - likely can already be done with existing bluetooth pedals.
6. Guitar Tech, Monitor Mixer - or FOH do all the effects switching.
7. Tune and pitch correction on the electronic signal, alternate tunings possible - Line 6 already does this
8. Build an IEM system into the guitar - that mix ability from FOH is onboard...think AVIOM built in...

Anyone here used Slate Microphones yet? - this the acoustic guitar variation.
Had Ovation kept in the game - this is stage two of the Idea concept.
You still gotta have a good instrument and a better player.
More thoughts...keep em coming - what else can be done with this.
Remember if you spend too much time learning the tricks of the trade - you do not learn the trade - aka practice.
M
FlySig
Posted 2019-03-09 6:44 PM (#547290 - in reply to #547281)

DetlefMichel - 2019-03-09 5:49 AM

Does the tone wood amp work with an Ovation bowl?

I don't think so. It looks like it needs a flat surface to mount to.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)