The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
i just won a ton of black bread! (but need a battery door)

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

owenf1tz
Posted 2019-03-29 4:04 PM (#547507)
Subject: i just won a ton of black bread! (but need a battery door)

Hey all -

Just scooped a black on black breadwinner! First time ovation owner; I've had googly eyes for their solid bodies for a few years. Never expected to find one at a yard-sale, let a lone at a price I could afford.

Haven't tried to run a serial yet (E 3362), but mine has the cast neck plate and nylon saddles.

Electronics work as designed! Yippee.

Great overall shape: barely any fret-wear, a few body dings, lower strap button missing, missing battery door/plate/cover, and one corner of the pickguard broken off.

Happy to find a forum dedicated to these rad guitars, and I look forward to learning more about the brand overall.

If anyone happens to have a spare batter plate and/or an original pickguard (of any color) please drop a line! I'm eager to get this one clean, mean, and gigging ASAP.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2019-03-29 4:09 PM (#547508 - in reply to #547507)
Subject: Re: i just won a ton of black bread! (but need a battery door)

Hi I just upgraded your access so go ahead and post in the general forum area where more people can respond. I have some NOS pickguards, but need to see a picture of the guitar to know if they will fit. They had some subtle differences over time. Nylon saddles indicate you have an early Breadwinner.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)