The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
My 38 old baby: Ovation Matrix with Rosewood Fretboard

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Sam
Posted 2019-10-02 2:35 PM (#549992)
Subject: My 38 old baby: Ovation Matrix with Rosewood Fretboard

Hi everybody!
It was great reading everything regarding the Matrix on this site. I purchased my guitar whilst at university and it has served me well for 38 years now. It is spotless - only the lock echanisms are rusted. and the rosewood neck hollowed out from the first to the fifth fret. Nobody who I have met in South Africa knows the Matrix. They have never seen an Ovation without a pickup. I normally play through a Rode microphone or a Woody pickup. This guitar has the most beautiful sound. Incredible resonance.
During a vacation many,many moons ago, I was played rythm accompaniment at a youth camp (With my much admired companion). I remember during a prayer meeting holding my guitar by the neck, over the strings, feeling the wind blow outside causing the strings to vibrate quietly in rhythm. Never with any other guitar!
I hope to get some pictures uploaded to share the condition of the guitar of 38 years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sam
Posted 2019-10-02 2:42 PM (#549993 - in reply to #549992)
Subject: RE: My 38 old baby: Ovation Matrix with Rosewood Fretboard

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)