The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Acoustic recordings of nylon string Ovations?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Gibbon
Posted 2020-03-03 6:58 AM (#551413)
Subject: Acoustic recordings of nylon string Ovations?

Hi,

I'm looking for a nylon string guitar for acoustic recording (so I don't need an installed pick up). I'm wondering if any members can post up, or send me, acoustic (unplugged) recordings they've done with their nylon string Ovations to give me an idea of the quality of sound they can produce. There are very few YouTube videos of such recordings done by people who can play well, and there are no places near me that have Ovations. I do very much like the look and feel of Ovations based on my experience of the steel string versions.

I'd also like to have opinions on the volume and tonal qualities of Ovation nylon string guitars as compared with classical guitars. I play American country/bluegrass style, mostly with thumb pick and fingers -- along the lines of Doc Watson, Merle Travis and Jerry Reed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)