The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Service Center

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Lildrumboy
Posted 2020-04-02 11:30 AM (#551732)
Subject: Ovation Service Center

I own 6 assorted Ovation acoustic / electric guitars. (and one electric Deacon) I've never had much issue with any of them that my local music shop couldn't handle. UNTIL....... I just inherited my first Adamas 1687-8 from my fathers passing and wanted it looked over by a true Ovation service center. I sent pictures and a description of the issues to the Ovation website. I got a quick and positive response. I agreed to the repairs and sent it to Connecticut for repairs. HERE is the problem:
I sent the guitar on Dec. 27th and show UPS delivery conformation Jan. 2nd. Since then, I haven't heard a thing from Darren Wallace. (the name and address I was given to send it to) I've emailed my concerns and was told that Darren is one of only two techs working on these guitars and that they said that they can't guarantee a repair time. Their repair quote stated that it should take 1.5-2 hours plus parts.
Am I being overly worried or is 3 months an excessive time to expect some form of contact? Has anybody else experienced this?
Thanks for any assistance on this matter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2020-04-03 6:09 PM (#551750 - in reply to #551732)
Subject: Re: Ovation Service Center

Have you tried to Call Them?
https://www.ovationguitars.com/contact
Lildrumboy
Posted 2020-04-03 7:17 PM (#551752 - in reply to #551732)

The only number I can find is the California offices. They haven't a clue whats going on in Connecticut. So, no. I have NOT called anybody in the actual repair shop in Connecticut. Does anybody have their number?
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2020-04-03 7:55 PM (#551756 - in reply to #551732)
Subject: RE: Ovation Service Center

While they might not have a clue what's going on in CT I"m pretty sure they have the "Customer Service Number" so you can check on your order.  I think the service center is actually in TN, so you might need to be specific.    They are doing warranty repairs, non-warranty repairs, and building guitars. there is a "To check on existing orders"  number on the website.

Lildrumboy
Posted 2020-04-08 8:55 AM (#551820 - in reply to #551732)

Mr. Ovation,
Thanks for your interest in my situation. I was finally able to reach someone in Tn. who was able to track my guitar by the RA number. I'm being told that current turnaround in their Ct. shop is around 6 months. They are down to two healthy repair technicians. Just so you know if somebody else asks.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2020-04-08 12:27 PM (#551821 - in reply to #551732)

Glad you were able to get a response. Not sure if it helps, or makes you feel better, but the results from the shop are generally amazing and worth the wait.
alpep
Posted 2020-04-09 9:59 AM (#551830 - in reply to #551732)

with covid 19 anything is anyone's guess
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)