The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Deacon Problems

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

raf
Posted 2020-04-23 10:29 AM (#551926)
Subject: Deacon Problems

Hi All,

I have a mid 70's Deacon (humbuckers) which I'm trying to sell, I've had it up for sale since October and I tested it then and it was all working and it's been in the case since but someone contacted me the other day who is interested in it so I took it out put a couple of batteries in it and no output.

If I crank the volume up from the noise I can hear the volume, tone and notch filter are working but a very very low level from the pups, I'm assuming one of the transistors has probably gone faulty so I guess I'll need to remove them from the PCB and test them, any other ideas on what it might be?

Thanks
Richard
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2020-04-23 11:05 AM (#551927 - in reply to #551926)
Subject: Re: Deacon Problems

<p>Overall low volume is a tough one. I'd do obvious things like check volume levels, change batteries again etc. Is there any difference between the two pickups and all that. If the Vol and Tone are working, and the switches work, but it's all low volume, but not distorted, I'm thinking battery or maybe battery lead, but low battery generally results in distortion too. My experience has been that there is a "slight" change in volume when it's time to change the batteries, but much after that it's nothing-ville.</p><p>Upon your response we'll grant access so you can post in the General Forum where more people can respond.</p>
raf
Posted 2020-04-23 11:40 AM (#551928 - in reply to #551927)

Thanks for the reply, when I say low volume from the pups it's with the volume and gain all the way to the max on the amp and it's barely audible so essentially there is really no output.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2020-04-23 12:10 PM (#551929 - in reply to #551926)

What I was curious about... when you lower the volume using the knobs, or turn the tone control, is there a change and is it gradual. Realizing it's faint, but if it's still going something, that's important. I have given you fill access, and you can ask the question under the General forums. We have some folks around here that are pretty saavy on those pre-amps.
raf
Posted 2020-04-23 1:38 PM (#551931 - in reply to #551926)

Thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)