The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Please HELP, I am going crazy trying to fix the 1982-8

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Blue Guitar
Posted 2020-05-25 1:35 PM (#552162)
Subject: Please HELP, I am going crazy trying to fix the 1982-8

HI All
New member here, in 1982 I bought a 1982 collectors series, beautiful guitar, its in A1 condition, but I have a problem, the neck is very slightly warped, I went to tighten the truss rod, but the nut the hex key fits into is gone. I lent the Guitar to a guy for a few gigs about 10 years ago, I think he might have tried to adjust the neck and maybe stripped the nut, and threw it away, and never told me! I have written to Ovation but they do not reply:

"The truss rod nut is MISSING on my 1982 Ovation collectors series Guitar, (blue guitar)
Please advise if this is the correct nut: ov770141 with washer?
Do you have it in stock? If so please advise how much it is with postage to Perth Australia.
I love my Ovation guitar, I bought it new in 1982, but the neck is warped, I need the correct part

https://www.emma-music.com/cylindre-nut-fender-phillips-head-chrome-...
It seems I can get this nut from emma music. BUT:

Is this the CORRECT part for my guitar? I have taken my guitar to 3 luthiers but they just say the bolt is broken, snapped off. But they do not know Ovations. it has a Kaman bar, they dont even know what that is. One guy told me to throw the guitar in the trash, what a stupid thing to say, why not just tell me the truth: "Sorry mate know nothing about Ovations.

Ahhhhhhhhggggg. Please help me, Covid-19 and stuck in woop woop is driving e crazy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)