The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hi from Cornwall, England: first ovation guitar

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

WayneyS
Posted 2020-06-07 3:24 PM (#552251)
Subject: Hi from Cornwall, England: first ovation guitar

Hi, I'm Wayne from Cornwall in England. Looking back, I owned a few guitars (still have my keepers,) had always liked the look and sound of ovations & had fancied one, but was on a very limited budget and I'd never managed to find one I liked that I could afford. So anyway a long time later, about 4 years back, when not looking I came across an advert fairly locally stating ovation guitar in case, not touched for many years. I phoned and spoke to a nice guy was clearing his parents house and said it had been in the attick sine at least 1985... he wanted little money for it and I went for a look: saw a dusty brown case, missing the handle, then opened it to see a mice looking guitar: I gave the asking price very happily! Got it home, had no amp at the time so couldnt check the pickup, I took off the old strings - had no replacements, gave it and the case a bit of a clean / look over - There was a small ripple and superficial crack in the lacquer just behind the bridge, which I think may have occured due to being left so long with its old fairly heavy strings on, but other than that it looked really straight and I was very pleased. I put it back in its case and put in our spare room (no strings on.) I went away next day on a work course and loads of stuff has happened since. I made no time for playing so ashamed to admit the guitar sat as it was where I left it... until a couple of days ago, more time to do stuff right now. Another bit of a clean, new strings fitted, sure it will benefit from a proper set up which I'll get done when this awful pandemic lightens but it plays pretty well now, nice straight neck - sounds great and works plugged in, lovely tone: I'm impressed. I'm going to try to find a way to replace the case handle: suggestions gratefully reveiced, I'd like to get the ripple / crack sorted too but t's over 40 years old and these are just cosmetic so will need to see what that would cost me.... I've enjoyed the guitar over the last couple of days and now I've started again I know will keep making a noise! .... already getting hooked and loving my guitar!
My Ovation iis a 1672-2 from I think 1977, Thanks for reading & I look forward to visiting this place often!
Wayne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WayneyS
Posted 2020-06-07 3:27 PM (#552252 - in reply to #552251)
Subject: RE: Hi from Cornwall, England: first ovation guitar

........If someone can let me know how to attach photos, that will be great,
cheers, Wayne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)