The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
New LX-Ovations in Germany

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

moody, p.i.
Posted 2020-12-01 9:15 AM (#554388 - in reply to #552802)
Subject: Re: New LX-Ovations in Germany

A torrified top and braces really ups the quality of an Ovation. Remember that in 1976, a big marketing point was that the carbon graphite top was like hundred year old spruce. Next to me, I've got a 1117 that Dan Savage re-topped with torrified addy spruce and braces (A braced) and I can tell you that the sound is much bigger and deeper than a standard 1117. Combine that with a 12 fret layout which puts the bridge more towards the center of guitar, and I suspect that the sound is huge. Maybe they are expensive, but it's not surprising that they sold. The only improvements I'd like to see would be the new bridge and US bolt on neck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bburg
Posted 2020-12-01 12:51 PM (#554394 - in reply to #552802)

Usually we planed to visit my son in law last weekend and I tried to visit Thomann for checking out the two guitars, but the Corona law made this impossible. It is not allowed to travel til Dec. 20th. Now one is sold out.... unbelievable for me!! Well I'm disappointed. I wanted so badly to check them out, because almost you Guy's in the USA let us know what is good or not. And now for these Guitars I have planned to do that for all you overseas.....

Bernie
bburg
Posted 2021-01-10 4:01 PM (#554724 - in reply to #552802)

Thomann has both back in the market, but unfortunately the corona rules don't let us travel. His eldest son's birthday is tomorrow and we have not seen them now for more than a year. Frustrating times for families in different counties....

Bernie
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)