The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hey everyone! Got a question/request

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

dj_doughy
Posted 2020-12-21 3:36 PM (#554500)
Subject: Hey everyone! Got a question/request

Hey everyone! Let me give you a backstory of why I'm here.

I got my Ovation Breadwinner back when I was 12 from my cousin. Batteries corroded, it was in a state. Local music shop got it cleaned and back up and running. It has been an OK guitar for a time, but bit the dust a few years ago. A couple years ago decided I would take it apart and see if I could track down it’s problems. The pickups were shot/decaying and the circuit board had a few traces broken, lifted, and/or corroded (most likely because of the batteries from years before).

With a little know how from my friend and I, we are going to try and make a custom printed circuit board using its current layouts and schematics we found. It will require me to move the components over, but the traces will be newer and hopefully restore the sound of the Breadwinner!

Has anyone attempted this at all?
If not, would anyone else be interested in purchasing a replacement board for their guitar? (it’s cheaper if we buy the boards in bulk!)

Side question, what have people used for replacement pickups that can mount to the Y bracket? I tried contacting Seymour Duncan about a custom Y bracket spun pickup. No response, been over a year.

Anyways, hope this forum is still alive and kicking, would love to hear from you all!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2020-12-21 5:54 PM (#554504 - in reply to #554500)
Subject: Re: Hey everyone! Got a question/request

I've upgraded your membership so you can post in the main forum, which you might want to do as only a few can post here.

I think a few folks have "rebuilt" the circuit in one form or another, I'm sure they'll chime in once you post in the main forum area.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)