The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
I need to sell my dad's guitar... 1987 Custom Legend Electric

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

RobfromNS
Posted 2021-02-07 12:01 AM (#555061)
Subject: I need to sell my dad's guitar... 1987 Custom Legend Electric

Hey guys,

Since my first post had to be here, and I couldn't post on the Buy/Sell yet, here we are!

I looked all over the place for some sort of idea of a price for this thing. My dad bought this beautiful sunburst 1987 Custom Legend Electric [(1719) Serial 366458] when I was 5 years old. It pains me to have to sell it, but life being what it is, sometimes you have to let things go.

Finding this website actually made me feel really good, because seeing so many people who would love this guitar as much as my dad and I have made me feel more comfortable in trying to sell it. It means the most to me out of any other material object in this world! But if someone can love it and actually play it as much as it deserves to be played, then that would make me happy.

As many of us know, American made Ovations from the time before the great divide are probably some of the best guitars with the Ovation name. That being said, I would like to get a fair amount from this guitar, or else, to me, it isn't worth being separated from my family.

It has all of it's original parts aside from one of the pearl tuning pegs, which crumbled in my fingers one day while I was tuning (the shock on my face!). It still plugs into an amp and sounds absolutely perfect.

I can tell you guys that I have never heard a more beautifully sounding guitar in my entire life, and the way it stays in tune is just amazing!

I promised myself I wouldn't cry

Aside from some minor surface cracks around the bridge (two of them), and a couple dings, it seems to be in very good shape.

I don't even want to hit the submit button
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)