The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello Everyone. Should the top of my CC257 be completely flat?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Ovaraptor
Posted 2021-02-20 1:32 PM (#555181)
Subject: Hello Everyone. Should the top of my CC257 be completely flat?

Hello Everyone, nice to join this forum, I'm from the UK. Please forgive me if I'm not supposed to post a question this early or in this section, I'm happy to post elsewhere again later, if I'm braking any newbi rules.
I have an Ovation CC257 multi-hole, which I'm embarrassed to say I have neglected for about ten years, left out of its case, full string tension, variants of temperature, all that, I'm a very bad person...with regrets. I've now got the urge to play it again and probably not surprisingly I'm finding the action is rather high at the bridge end 6/7 mm at the 12th fret.
The bridge is as low as it can go, just barely poking it's head above the wooden saddle, the nut could be lowered a little but the string clearance at the 1st fret is very low. I've put a straight edge across the body behind the bridge and there is a definite albeit slight raised area behind the bridge although inside the bracing seems fine.
I don't want to spend money on a neck reset, I may get myself a new guitar soon anyway. I saw a YouTube video recently where a young guy took a Dremel to the bridge on his Ovation and lowered everything, I was horrified initially but now I'm wondering if that might be a way round my issue...Anyone got any advice?

Best Regards

Ovaraptor
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2021-02-20 2:33 PM (#555183 - in reply to #555181)
Subject: Re: Hello Everyone. Should the top of my CC257 be completely flat?

Only a few members are allowed to respond in the Welcome Center.
So You have been upgraded to a "member".
If I were you I would just copy and paste your letter to a better spot, like General Posting.
There you may find the answers that you need.

So.... Welcome.
Ovaraptor
Posted 2021-02-21 3:40 AM (#555186 - in reply to #555181)
Subject: Re: Hello Everyone. Should the top of my CC257 be completely flat?

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)