The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
No Logo on headstock?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

bowlcut
Posted 2021-09-13 11:35 AM (#556105)
Subject: No Logo on headstock?

Another Ovation question. This one belongs to a friend of mine. He has been playing it for 20+ years, and it wasn't new when he got it.

It's acoustic only, has the silver label, I think the bowl is smooth, but I cant really remember for sure. But the thing has no logo on the headstock or any clue that one was ever there. Next time I see it I will take a better look at it, but for now this is the only photo I can dig up.

Were there some Ovations with decals that could fall off? This guitar honestly has probably seen every temperature and humidity extreme, many times over and over again. The top is cracked and warped, but it still keeps playing!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2021-09-13 2:25 PM (#556106 - in reply to #556105)
Subject: Re: No Logo on headstock?

Decals didn't "fall off" per se, but for awhile they were using a sort of silk-screen painted logo and it would fade and kind of "rub out" over time.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2021-09-13 11:00 PM (#556107 - in reply to #556105)

My first Ovation was a Korean 4861. The decal had faded almost totally away.
I also owned a 1112 that was missing most of the decal due to poor capo storage.
Don't put your capo over the logo.

Nordicnorm
Posted 2023-01-23 10:05 PM (#557975 - in reply to #556107)

Hey OMA. I still own that old 1112 of yours. My favorite "boat guitar". Huge voice! Took a few months to raise the top. It has been stable since. For the outsiders, I bought it as a "beater" for the cost of the nice Roadrunner case. I have had a few thoughts about getting another, as i suits my larger hands. Got a "standing ovation" at anchor in the Pacific Northwest a few years ago after doing "Hotel California" and "Desperado" with harmonica. Sweet memories...sweet guitar BTW the logo is still visible (barely).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)