The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new member intro

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

TokenBoomer
Posted 2022-05-03 9:04 PM (#557302)
Subject: new member intro

Hi, I've just purchased a 1974 Ovation Customer Balladeer. For a 48-year-old guitar, it's in great shape. Just one hairline crack (barely visible) running from the bridge to the bottom of the guitar. Not sure whether this needs to be repaired or not. The fellow I bought it from had purchased a new Ovation case for it, so it's well protected and I've just ordered a sound hole humidifier. I've only had the guitar for a couple of days so I'm still getting used to the narrow neck. I have two other guitars with much wider necks. My fat fingers are sometimes unintentionally muting strings on the Ovation. This guitar does not have a pickup and I would like some advise on which pickup would work best. Mostly I would use that for open-mic stuff. Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2022-05-04 12:14 PM (#557303 - in reply to #557302)
Subject: Re: new member intro

Hello and Welcome,
You are free to post in the General Discussion area now as only a few have access to this Welcome area. The crack is "probably" nothing to worry about. A good polish that rejuvenates the wood/finish may hide it completely. It "can" be repaired, but it's likely just a crack in the finish, not the actual wood.

I would recommend retrofitting an Ovation pickup and preamp, but others would have more knowledge on that.

Welcome !!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)