The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Elite special S778 with bird inlays on fret board

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Tappet2
Posted 2022-07-10 7:32 PM (#557484)
Subject: Elite special S778 with bird inlays on fret board

Hi, had ovations for over 25 years now mix of Adamas's, custom elites, collectors etc, currently have an Adamas 1597, lovely low action, been looking at adding again to my collection and saw an Elite special S778 , but it has bird inlays on the fret board starting at 1st fret, looks identical to the PRS bird inlays, neck is definately ovation shape and profile, but is not the 5 piece type, looks to be one piece, the Ovation name on the top of the headstock seems to have a jewel or crystal inlayed within the large O of the Ovation name, the labal inside the bowl looks to be genuine ovation standard type, with the model S778 shown on it. Has an OP50 preamp, bowl seems to be mid to deep, but does not seem to have the usual access round panel on the back. To me it looks just like a normal Elite special S778, but the bird inlays threw me, any ideas , thoughts, on this one ? Was there ever a factory elite special with bird fretboard inlays ? Ebay item number is 234619314437 , its on the UK ebay site, i cant copy and drop the pictures in here, and info and comments will be gratefully received, cheers Gary
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2022-07-10 11:18 PM (#557488 - in reply to #557484)
Subject: Re: Elite special S778 with bird inlays on fret board

UK eBay

I doubt that those inlays came from the factory. An S771 would not have fret markers.
Also... This guitar has some pick tracks. And the preamp is hanging-out in a few pics.

Also, there seems to be knob on the back of the bowl of the guitar, for some reason.
I don't really have an answer to whatever the question is...
But I can "upgrade" you so that you may post in other sections.
Welcome.
Tappet2
Posted 2022-07-11 5:22 AM (#557491 - in reply to #557484)

Hi, thanks for your input, i was doubtfull too about the inlays being factory, so it seems to be a mod someone has carried out at sometime in its life. I used to deal with Al Pepiak many years ago, i sourced some real rare guitars though him, ones i nver should have parted with. Common story. An upgrade to access other sections of the forums would be much appreciated. Cheers Gary
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2022-07-11 6:09 AM (#557492 - in reply to #557484)

You have been upgraded.

Tappet2
Posted 2022-07-11 6:53 AM (#557493 - in reply to #557484)

Hi, thanks for your input, i was doubtfull too about the inlays being factory, so it seems to be a mod someone has carried out at sometime in its life. I used to deal with Al Pepiak many years ago, i sourced some real rare guitars though him, ones i nver should have parted with. Common story. An upgrade to access other sections of the forums would be much appreciated. Cheers Gary
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)