The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello from Georgia

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Suburban57
Posted 2022-10-17 10:22 PM (#557811)
Subject: Hello from Georgia

Hello folks,
I hope it’s ok that I own an Applause. I found this forum doing a search for replacement grape leaves on the upper bout of my guitar. My angelic grand children thought it was fun to stand on the guitar after my son left it laying on the floor. as you can guess one of their feet cracked through the leaf cluster into small pieces which became lost before I got the guitar back. This guitar has made its rounds through my family back and forth through the years. Now that I have it back it’s staying with me. So now I’m trying to hunt down replacements so I can properly repair it. The guitar is still playable but very unsightly.

I tried contacting Ovation and was told I would need to send it in for repairs. When I asked for an approximate cost to fix the guitar I was told an engineer would be in touch with me. That was the last I heard from the company. I even sent pictures of the damage so they knew exactly what I needed done. So if anyone can point me in the right direction to get these replacement parts it would be much appreciated.

Im quite confident I can make this repair myself as I’ve been a woodworker for 43 years. I know woods, I know adhesives, and yes I could probably even make what I need but if I can just purchase the laves themselves it would save me a lot of time and effort.

Rick
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2022-10-18 3:48 PM (#557813 - in reply to #557811)
Subject: Re: Hello from Georgia

hard to find part these days. and the factory does not seem to sell them
Suburban57
Posted 2022-10-24 4:57 PM (#557821 - in reply to #557811)
Subject: Re: Hello from Georgia

I found what I needed. Mydustyguitar.com has all kinds of ovation specific parts.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)