The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Sighting

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

BCam
Posted 2022-11-08 8:00 PM (#557839)
Subject: Ovation Sighting

This interview from 2000 is interesting, especially when Glen talks about his guitar playing, including his use of capos. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, the guitar part starts at about 4:18. I don't know what model Ovation he's playing other than it's a shallow bowl with epaulets. He sings Wichita Lineman at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfNTEi2CIc
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2022-11-09 10:30 AM (#557840 - in reply to #557839)
Subject: Re: Ovation Sighting

VIPER
Love O Fair
Posted 2022-11-09 9:04 PM (#557841 - in reply to #557839)

I've referenced this video before in instances where people shun the use of a capo. If Campbell says it's a good thing, it's a good thing.
Mike S.
Posted 2022-11-10 12:42 AM (#557842 - in reply to #557841)

Hey, LOF,
Didn't Martha Stewart say that? I've also referenced the Matthew Quigley quote before (about the Colt revolver) in regard to my own personal use of a capo. "I said, ' I never had much use for one.' I never said I didn't know how to use it." I still do use the capo in the music therapy sessions with my friend/mentor, Bruce, to some degree, but not always. I just learned how to play without it at some point, but I've got at least 2 of them floating around somewhere when I need them." It's better to have something, and not need it, than to need something, and not have it." (My Former Pastor.) Bruce uses a capo more often than I do, especially for CCW. Is it okay to shun the use of a capo for Bass guitar? I've never used a capo on my bass guitar at any point in time.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON.,
CANADA
BCam
Posted 2022-11-10 9:20 AM (#557843 - in reply to #557841)

Love O Fair - 2022-11-09 7:04 PM

I've referenced this video before in instances where people shun the use of a capo. If Campbell says it's a good thing, it's a good thing.

Joan Baez frequently uses one as well.
Mike S.
Posted 2022-11-25 11:53 AM (#557868 - in reply to #557843)

Hello, Everyone,
Eastwood Guitars of CANADA still continues to sell its Ovation Magnum Bass, Ultra GP and Breadwinner clones, but with an added twist for 2022, the site now shows a Breadwinner Electric Sitar, similar to the old Coral Electric Sitar from the 1970's, I guess. Stranger things have happened already.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON.,
CANADA
Mike S.
Posted 2023-02-01 12:21 PM (#557996 - in reply to #557839)

Hello, Everyone,
I just saw the, "new Applause Jump guitars", on YT. To quote my fellow Canadian, Shania Twain, "That don't impress me much." God save us from such stupidity. And to also quote my late Dad, who said, back in the day, "New isn't always better." Now it seems we're just another average copycat guitar company, and Charlie and Bill did all that advanced research work for different guitar technology, from 1966 to now, for nothing?! No wonder Bill left. Charlie must be spinning in his grave.
Mike S.
Ottawa, ON.,
CANADA.
Love O Fair
Posted 2023-02-01 1:46 PM (#557997 - in reply to #557839)

@Mike - >>>I just saw the, "new Applause Jump guitars".....<<<

I have also seen other ads and agree that it is much like the last little pop from what was otherwise a stupendous fireworks display. That's definitely how us old veterans see it. As for GEWA, on the other hand, they get up every morning and pull on their boots to make profit, and I am strongly supposing they will sell every unit to customers who play on that level. No doubt aimed at the young European market, and I hope they do well with it. I'm at least glad they ran it under the Applause label and not the Ovation name. Hopefully they have something better in store for that (if ever).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)