The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Finally, after about 30 years...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Southpaw Pete
Posted 2023-02-14 12:42 PM (#558044)
Subject: Finally, after about 30 years...

Hey everyone!

I've always been drawn to the look, feel and sound of Ovation guitars, ever since my older brother had one when we were in high school. But I've always purchased and played more classic style wooden acoustics: Guild JF30, Larrivee L10, Takamine Santa Fe, Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood, etc.. Trying different pickups and preamps to dial in the most natural "unplugged" sound. But I'd still keep looking for a deal on an Ovation. I finally found one at a recent sale, a beautiful super shallow Celebrity Elite 2001 Limited Edition - with a beautiful red top, and abalone binding all around, even up the neck! It is in flawless, mint condition, with the lowest action I've ever played on an acoustic (yet no fret buzz anywhere). And it came with an Ovation hard shell case (also, still looks like new!).

The big thing I noticed while playing is that it is so articulate. Every note rings out so clearly. And even more-so when plugged in. Being a shallow body, it isn't loud unplugged, but it still sounds nice and balanced. I'd somewhat expected a very thin sound with that body depth. And while it doesn't sound like my Guild jumbo of course, it still sounds nice. And is very enjoyable to sit around and play on the couch or at my desk.
And then when I plug in to my acoustic amps (Genz Benz Shen Jr, and SWR Cali Blonde) - it sounds so full, with a ton of punch and clarity! I am looking forward to trying it out at rehearsal at my church tomorrow night. For plugging in there I plan to use my Boss AD10. I find the "acoustic resonance" feature really does a nice job of softening the attack a little, helping it sound a little more "acoustic".

All in all, I'm very happy to finally have an Ovation in my collection (even if it isn't an Adamas or US made model).
Looking forward to connecting with the rest of you.
Cheers!
Pete
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2023-02-15 12:45 PM (#558045 - in reply to #558044)
Subject: Re: Finally, after about 30 years...

Welcome, You can now post in the General forum. Thanks for the note
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)