The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Big project help

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

hopit88
Posted 2023-06-15 7:10 AM (#558363)
Subject: Big project help

Greetings all. This is definitely the place for me with this Celebrity. I was given this guitar because the owner was going to throw it out. The bridge had pulled up taking a section of the sound board with it. Not sure how but it was pretty bad. I love a good challenge and lack of common sense compelled me to at least try to repair it. I want to give it to my son who has started playing. I have removed the top. I wanted to remove the neck but it will not budge. No bolt...i checked that first. The fret board extension came up fairly easily. Too easily cause it separated up the neck a little bit. I figured I would just remove it so I could get at the neck dovetail more easily and get some heat in there without hurting the fret board.

The first of many questions is how thick should the sound board be? I've seen 3mm(whats there now) and 4mm spruce sheets. 4mm seems like it would help in strength but seems it would change the sound in a bad way. The bracing seems very weak and is the fan pattern. I'm thinking one of the x patterns i've seen. Are the braces any special wood? They seem pretty light weight.

Thanks for the add and look forward in all input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)