The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new member old player

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

transit5495
Posted 2010-10-05 11:44 PM (#2765)
Subject: new member old player

Hello, here's my storyline. I met my wife in 1989 and she gave me her Ovation Matrix that she bought in 1975. She sent it to the Ovation factory and they set it up and electrified it. I played it for the last 20 years. I have become good enough to play a few gigs now so she said I should buy a new guitar. I gave the Matrix to my now 17 year old son and it still plays pretty good but the aluminum neck is showing a bit of fret wear, as you can imagine. So i ebayed the next step up. A CC-57. It played great but didn't really like the sound so sold that for what I paid for it. I ebayed a CC-126 but it needs a setup- (truss rod adjustment) that I didn't want to address or pay for. So that's up for sale. I now purchased a shallow bowl cut-away that's a balladeer 4861. It sounds and plays and looks great but has an old style pre-amp with the battery compartment inside. Does anyone know how to change the battery on this? There is an external screw holding what I think is the battery compartment. The serial number is 397506 but I can't find any info about this number. Anyway, thanks for hosting a great site. And hope to read and learn more about my favorite guitar that is a huge part of my life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
transit5495
Posted 2010-10-06 12:18 AM (#2766 - in reply to #2765)
Subject: Re: new member old player

Now according to the Ovation Tribute site link, the 4861 was made in 1986-1989 and 1999 with an OP-24. Mine has a FET-3. More confusion into the mix.
nikon4004
Posted 2010-10-06 7:57 AM (#2767 - in reply to #2765)
Subject: Re: new member old player

IF it is like my Matrix 12, take the strings off, and the battery is in a small box attached to the shell with that screw. 1 turn counter clockwise should drop the box. A plastic lid covers the battery. Be careful as there is a cable that attached to the PU that may become unplugged.

Have fun!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)