The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Sad Story

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

bpeder
Posted 2023-10-14 1:53 PM (#558747)
Subject: Sad Story

I have been looking for a nice case for a '68 shiny bowl Balladeer. Found one on *B** that was isted as being a '97 Collector's Edition case. Nice price, not overly inflated shipping and only one busted latch. The seller said; "ask for dimensions if you need them". But I felt that as long as it was not being sold as a shallow bowl case I was going to be alright.

I asked the seller what happened to the guitar that came with that case. They said they never had it. Anyway, I decided to buy it and as always, paid for it immediately. (100% Positive Feedback is worth having, right?) Then I got curious. What was the '97 CE? Turns out it was a parlour guitar! Arrgh! I immediately messaged the seller and asked them to try to put another Balladeer they had in their store into the case I had JUST purchased moments before to check on the fit. But they have gone dark on me. I may now be the reluctant owner of a very nice case that I won't be able to get my Balladeer into...

So, how to make lemonade out of lemons! Does anyone know of an Ovation guitar other than the '97 CE that will go into that case? Did/does Ovation make other small bodied guitars? I have a feeling that no amount of good faith on my part is going to outweigh "buyer beware" insofar as the seller goes. Actually, that '97 parlour looks neat. But where will I find one for sale w/o the case? Thanks in advance for responses!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2023-10-14 4:06 PM (#558748 - in reply to #558747)
Subject: Re: Sad Story

Ovation did make a parlor guitar at that same time as the '97 Collector. There were some minor differences. Only made them for a very short time. They really should bring it back! The case is completely different than the regular plastic shell Ovation case, and perhaps it would fit other brands of parlor guitars??

Good luck with either getting your purchase reversed or finding a parlor to put in the case!
bpeder
Posted 2023-10-15 1:28 PM (#558751 - in reply to #558747)
Subject: Re: Sad Story

FlySig? Your good luck wish worked! The seller let me off the hook. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy about that though because the search for an Ovation parlor guitar might have been fun. I could still do it! And the Mother Ship must still have the mold. And now I know where there's an empty case waiting. Cheers!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)