The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Adamas questions

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

dofc
Posted 2023-11-21 1:07 PM (#558838)
Subject: Adamas questions

Despite never having been really keen on the Ovation amplified sound, for some reason I find myself drawn to the Adamas U581T. However, there's not much information about these, and I have no dealers near me in the UK. I think these guitars are Special Order only.

The web page is quite vague - it lists some construction details, but doesn't really explain them. For example, the different Adamas top designs, construction methods, and bracing patterns. Also, the preamp, and the string routing at the bridge.

To make matters worse, I can only find a couple of short videos, and I'm not sure if the guitars are mic'd or plugged in. One video sounds a bit out-of-tune to me, and the Mark Kroos one only has short audio which isn't really the sort of style I play. I think it's plugged in, but there's also a mic pointing at the body - is the audio a blend of both, and is there any EQ or effects on the audio?

I suppose I'd like to know how this guitar differs from other Adamas models in terms of top construction and bracing and preamp. Is the sound quite different? (I know about the 12th fret neck joint and wider string spacing etc). Does it have an internal battery? Presumably it doesn't have any preamp controls on the guitar. What does the external preamp look like, and what controls does it have? Does it use a standard guitar cable? Do you string it through the access hatch in the body?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)