The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Model 1618 (12 String, GC) Tuning Machines

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

seh
Posted 2023-11-25 10:08 AM (#558854)
Subject: Model 1618 (12 String, GC) Tuning Machines

Greetings to all

I am a newbie and have taken the time to read all of the items mentioned in the initial readings... very good stuff! I very much appreciate a site where folk are trying to make things comfortable for all. I will do my best to adhere to appropriate behaviors/writings and I always do my best to give respect to all.

I have a model 1618 12-string/Glen Campbell from 1981 (serial #: 240923). There is a very long story associated with this guitar and my relationship to it, but long story short, it left me in the later 1980s and found its way back to me just a couple years ago. I am now taking the time to make it playable again (it was treated VERY poorly!)

I want to know if anyone can tell me where I might find the original Ovation branded, gold plated, two hole tuning machines for this guitar. I have scoured the web and have only found a single chrome plated machine that is exactly correct except for the plating. (Sigh...)

Thank you in advance for any insights provided.
Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)